Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Relief is on the way...I hope!

I had to call in sick to work today. My first day back after 7 days off...and I had to call in. NOT GOOD. I was sick last night for several hours; and was kept up until midnight. Then picked up right where I left off when I woke up at 6:30 am. I was so bad I couldn't even get in the shower to even START getting ready. I had no choice but to get back in bed. But I still feel bad and guilty.

I called my OB's office and they called me in a prescription for Zofran; which is a drug given to chemotherapy patients.

I really feel guilty being so depressed and upset at such a joyous and amazing time. Some people are sick because they are SICK - not because they have a beautiful life growing inside of them. Some people who have been trying to conceive for a long time would give anything to throw up 24/7 for this reason. It's just hard.........and I am putting more guilty feeings on myself than I should. So what's new??? :)

Anyway, I am going to go back to my best friend, the waterbed, and rest up for my big trip to Wal-Mart to pick up my prescription. Wish me luck. I have not been out in public in 5 days.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Thank goodness you've got a prescription. Stop beating yourself up! It's human nature and entirely understandable to be frustrated from feeling so crummy for so long - no one can take that. It will hopefully become more manageable with the drugs, and will pass in another couple of weeks!