I'm fighting the gags today. But it's a different type of gag. (Good sign, maybe?) It's not the constant, all-day nausea anymore...it's more of the "I'm-going-to-throw-up-right-now" variety. WHICH had me running all over the building this morning in search of an empty bathroom so I could yack. Not an easy feat. But I lucked out.
Dear Baby,
If you can hear my prayers, cries, begs, pleads.... how about not killing me with your powerful baby hormones anymore. I think I got the picture - you're one strong little bean already. You are going to give me a run for my money and probably will continue to do so for the rest of my life. That is FINE! We'll deal. Just let me feel normal again, for a little while. So I can ATLEAST get your room ready. Would that be OK? Thanks.
This weekend was pretty good.
I met Melissa for pedicures on Saturday morning and then a nice lunch at O'Charley's. I started feeling a little woozy but it was managable. Toby and I then made the journey (and I mean LONG journey) out to Goochland to see that house. It took us an hour to get there; but we did take the scenic route down Rt. 6 because we had the time... We pulled up to the house and our agent was already there. We got out and she said "Well, I hope ya'll are in a good mood." The homeowners had left big signs on all the doors that said "Dear Real Estate Agent and Potential Home Buyers, We are really sorry but we are not able to show the house this weekend. We told our agent, Joy Alfonso, this 2 days ago. We are sorry if she did not tell you."
What?? Why would YOU know that SHE didn't tell us? I smell drama. I also smell piles of GARBAGE thrown all over the yard and 65 little yippy dogs that I can hear running all around in the locked house. NO THANKS. We won't be pursuing that house. Maybe Joy Alfonso did us a favor; even though it was classless and rude. Those people don't want to sell. People who WANT to sell their homes actually SHOW IT and they clean up their yards... however, I bet it was not pretty on the inside either. Not a big loss - although it was a tad disappointing....
I started to feel kind of bad when we got home so I retired to the water bed and Toby went to our friend Chris Botkin's birthday party - these are mostly Toby's friends but I know them all and used to hang out with everyone.... I asked if he told everyone I was sick and he said "No one really asks anymore. They just assume." THAT made me feel effin great. Whatever...........
On Sunday, I FELT LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING ALL DAY LONG. I kept waiting for the sickness to hit, but it never did. It was a miracle. We got A LOT done on the house. We cleaned and made giant piles for the Goodwill and moved a lot of furniture from room to room... each step working towards clearing out the junk room (AKA future nursery.) It felt GREAT to get the stuff done that I had been dreaming about for weeks and weeks but was too sick to accomplish.
After all that, I took a nap since I was worn the hell out! Later, we ate dinner and watched The Shawshank Redemption in our newly rearranged living room. Toby had seen Shawshank 500 times and I have NEVER seen it! It was a great movie..... and kept me up past 9pm which is UNHEARD OF these days!! I slept well last night and woke rested and feeling well.....
Until the ride into work which leads you, dear reader, back up to the first paragraph of this entry.... Damnit.
1 comment:
Look at it this way: the fact that you had a sick-less day is a sign! Things are improving, you're turning the corner. You probably overdid it and are paying for it today. But you're entering the 2nd trimester, which is the best, so better times are ahead!
Sorry about the house, that really is disappointing. But onward and upward!!
Post a Comment