Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sorry Cece - ZOFRAN is my new best friend

So, I'm feeling like a functioning human again. It is amazing. I will never, ever again take for granted the feeling of being NORMAL. I still have my moments, though. It seems that my first meal of the day makes me a tad gaggy...but if I just sit and take deep breaths, it passes within a few minutes. Fine by me! A few minutes versus CONSTANT?? I'll take it.

I think I am also experiencing my first pregnancy food cravings... PEARS.

Yeah. That has shocked me too. I was sure it would be chocolate covered chocolate or vats of Chubby Hubby Ice Cream...but right now, it's PEARS. I have eaten 3 huge cans of sliced pears in the last 2 days and I have 2 cans sitting here on my desk, just begging to be opened. My co-w0rker told me about these amazing pears that are sold at "Harry and David" - a fruit basket-y type store in Short Pump. She said they are huge and you can cut them in half and eat them with a spoon....Mmmmm. They probably are $20 each....and I might have to go get some at lunch. Don't tell Toby I spent $150 on pears.

In other news, I have become obsessed with "The Biggest Loser." When I was sick as a dog on Sunday and confined to the waterbed, I watched a "The Biggest Loser" marathon on the Bravo Network for about 10 hours. I know it's not exactly 100% realistic as these people are sequestered on a ranch and work-out with a trainer for 4 hours a day. They do "booby trap" the house with fattening food...but there are cameras that are filming your every move to air on NATIONAL television. I think that just MIGHT be enough incentive to keep me out of the goodie closet...Maybe.

But anyway, the transformations of these people are just amazing. AMAZING. The last part of the show has the contestants at HOME for months - and they do have to deal with the pressure of being in the "real world" and continuing their new healthy lifestyle. The pressures of having to be on television in a few months might motivate me a little more than normal, but IT'S STILL HARD. I know myself. I would STILL have to force myself to work-out because I hate it. I would STILL have to talk myself out of having that second helping of macaroni and cheese... It's just HARD.

I've been on some sort of "weight journey" my whole entire life. It's just something I will deal with until the day I die. And that's fine....I know I'm not alone! I actually look forward to having this baby in July and then tackling this aspect of my life again and SUCCEEDING. I guess the more inspired I get in these next 6.5 months will only help set me up for success when I can officially join WW again and start a new routine in the gym.

As hard as it is, it is liberating to be "on-program" and to gain control again...

And I would pretty much bet that the BEST inspiration to get healthy is going to arrive in July and I'll look in his/her little face and WANT to live the best life I can live; in many ways.

That is so exciting to me.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh I'm so glad the Zofran is working! Yeah! Be thankful the craving is pears...mine was queso dip from Mexico with Alex. Good, but not healthy!

You'll be back at it in August or September, I know you will. I've been there, we've talked about this. We can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better! I tried watching the Biggest Loser Special Edition last night for the first time but ended up falling asleep. I really enjoyed the show and am planning on watching the new season when it comes out. :)