Monday, January 23, 2006

Rockin' the skirts

We were not able to go look at the house this weekend. The people who live there were having family in town and didn't want to show it. Alrighty then. Glad you are so eager to sell..... But anyway - we rescheduled for this evening at 6:15 - which was a tad dangerous to schedule that time in the first place due to my "reverse vampire" condition....Although that is now taken care of as Toby just called from home. He left work early because he is sick - so we had to reschedule the house viewing for next Saturday at 2pm. I think this will work better for me, anyways. I won't be worried about having to rush to the bathroom at a stranger's home I am touring. :) And who knows...maybe by this Saturday, the whole entire sickness will be a thing of the past!! (snort)

Motion City was on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Friday night. Another exciting television viewing of my awesome brother. They did so well!! I could definitely tell that they were not as nervous as they were when they performed on Conan. The Kimmel show just seemed like a totally different, relaxed vibe. It looked like a mini-concert with kids standing in front of them in a little "pit" formation. I was disappointed at the song choice - I wished they didn't do "Everything is Alright" again. But they made up for it by closing the show with my favorite song "Time Turned Fragile." Cece was actually at the taping (she lives in Hollywood) and was Matt's green room guest. She said it was a cool experience - and I'm jealous! Atleast I got to attend Conan back in August...and I am sure there will be many more television opportunities! (Although not many for me unless they allow infants backstage.)

The rest of my weekend was rather uneventful, as usual. I was pleased that I felt pretty good on Friday night. Toby went out with the boys - and I stocked up on my usual gossip magazines and read until I fell asleep. (I had set my alarm for 12:30 am to catch the Kimmel show...) Saturday was spent in bed all day; except for meals. We were supposed to go see the house but that was canceled. And then we were supposed to go to my mother-in-law's for dinner; but Toby starting coming down with a really bad cold...and I was suffering my usual post sunset fate...so we had to call and cancel that too. I really was bummed because I wanted to go and I wanted to see my neice. I have not seen her since Christmas! On Sunday, I met Mom, Dad, Matt, and Kristen at Cheesecake Factory for a less than stellar lunch. The company was wonderful; the food was blah. I'm not liking C.F. that much anymore (ex: SMOOTH omlette. Bleck! Matt will understand that reference...) And after lunch, we braved the bitter cold (why oh why do we have outdoor malls in an area that actually has WINTERS??) and Mom and Dad took me to Motherhood Maternity and got me a few items of clothing that I so desperately need....

And that leads me to my next topic of discussion: Maternity Clothes. I love the shirts. They are too cute. I LOVE being able to "hide" my stomach and not have to hold it in or buy clothing to "camaflauge" it and pretend it's not there - atleast for the next 6 months. It's a wonderful, liberating feeling. "I have a big fat stomach! I'm pregnant! I have an excuse!" (Even if I shouldn't really be USING that excuse for another month or so....oh well. I am loving skirts and tights. They have SUCH cute skirts on sale at Motherhood. And most of them are around $6!! And they are comfortable! Can't beat that at all!!

However, pregnancy has not saved me from my usual enemy: Pants.

I friggin hate pants. And I hate jeans. And I THOUGHT I hated them before pregnancy. Haha. It has gotten worse, if possible. I have posted SEVERAL pants/jeans-related rants on Dotties over the years.... I'm short... I have a big stomach area and a gigantic spare tire that developed over the past year or so...My thighs are tree trunks... None of today's pants (with 10000% stretch) compliment any of these attributes; much less ALL of them at once. Pants and jeans have started to look like tights (AKA sausage casings) on me; and that ain't pretty.

I have found a couple pair of yoga-type pants that are working, they are loose in the thigh with a nice boot cut to balance out the thigh/hip area - but those are for the weekend, not for work. And not for anywhere I have to look decent.

I think my fate is skirts. Skirts with tights for winter; and long flowy ones with sandles for summer. I may just have to resign myself to that and not subject myself to any more trying-on-of-the-pants episodes. It's just not worth it. So this afternoon, I am stopping back by Motherhood to return the one pair of black pants I bought without trying on because I was worn out and they LOOKED like they might work. They didn't.

Moral of that story: get used to seeing me in skirts, people!

No comments: