Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hide and Seek Baby

Today is CLOSE to the worst day of sickness yet...and it's definitely the worst day of sickness AT WORK I have experienced thus far. I have to keep taking big, deep breaths and I'm sipping ginger ale to keep from puking on my desk. I need to go home but the guilt will kill me. I'm being stubborn but I don't want this pregnancy to affect my attendence - atleast not this early and not for something less than serious. Blah blah blah. I'm stupid. But I also have a meeting at 4pm that I don't want to have to reschedule, so I'm trying to hang.

But I don't understand! It's like the medication has pooped out - like it's not even in my system. I'm just so frustrated..........

In other POSITIVE news (because Carol Bock taught me to "think positive!") I got to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday. It was so strong and fast and cute!

The little bugger scared me at first though...it took a long time to find the heartbeat...and I was getting nervous...and my Dr. said jokingly "I don't like it when these children allude me like this! We're going to find this heartbeat!" And after a few minutes, he found it. The kid was up high - hiding from us. :)

THAT is what keeps me sane - knowing what I have to look forward to.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Best sound ever! What was the heartrate?

Sorry you're feeling pukey again. Here's hoping it's just a one day thing and you'll be better tomorrow!