So, I had to leave yesterday at 2pm because I was not getting better...I got worse.
I left in a huff. Very frustrated that I was having to leave work early...I think the guilt is getting to me and it's ALL self-induced because my boss is incredible and understanding. I was walking to my car when all of a sudden I run into the Director of my old department. He's a young guy whose wife had a baby about 6 months ago. We are always talking about Emory (his daughter) and he still sends me pictures of her in e-mail - but I have never met her in person. Well, there he was pushing her towards me in her fancy Bugaboo Frog stroller. I said "No way!! You have no idea how much I need this right now." I have been growing increasingly depressed with my sickness, I truly needed this live baby reminder of WHY I am going through such a hard time right now.
Emory is just precious. She was dressed to the nines and her Dad was just beaming. This was the first time he brought her to work to show her off and the probability of him actually running into me (now that I am on a different floor) was almost 0%. It was truly fate and God's way of reminding me of what I have to look forward to and why I am "suffering."
After my visit in the parking lot, I picked up my refill of Zofran...and went to Mom and Dad's house and hung out there in preparation for that evening. I was not going to miss my brother's going away dinner. I took a nap over there and watched some TV (Baby Stories on TLC which succeeded in scaring the poop out of me) until everyone got there. It was a very nice evening - I just wish I had felt better.
I got home around 8:30 and went to bed. I actually slept really well for once. I took a Zofran at my usual time of 7:30 am this morning...and have since felt pretty darn good. Went to Kohl's at lunch to check out the sales and got a few things...I usually have to take another pill around noon - but here it is 2:50 and I have not had to take one and I'm still feeling good.
And that's all I am going to say about this for fear of jinxing myself.
1 comment:
That's great that it's working! And who is Emory's dad? I can't figure it out...
How did the dinner with Matt go? You didn't say.
Post a Comment