Friday, January 13, 2006

Diagnosis: Cat Thyroid

Saying that I am tired is the understatment of the millenium. I don't think I have EVER been this tired - and this is after all-nighters at raves in college and having to go to class all the next day. (Who am I kidding - I skipped those classes) but ANYWAY...I am damn TIRED. And dangerously close to curling up under my desk and taking a 9 hour snooze.

I got "Phils to Go" last night. My company has a wonderful little program on Tuesdays and Thursdays where you can get dinner for 2 to go...and rent a DVD...for a little over $10. Last night was stuffed shells and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Toby fell asleep right when the squirrel part was coming up...and I threw up (per the usual)...so I just went to bed and left him sleeping on the couch. We are WILD these days, I tell ya. So basically, I was in the bed at 8pm and I'm STILL this exhausted. I'm going to try to finish watching the movie tonight but there is no guarantees. I might have to stretch ONE frickin movie into a THREE night viewing. ha! Pathetique.

The cat saga that started that the beginning of this week has sort of died down....it has not been swept under the rug again....but is essentially on the back-burner at the moment. I did take Easter to the Vet yesterday for a good grooming (Lion Cut!) and I had them do a check-up/evaluation on her. I had one done at another vet back in September but I really wasn't too happy with them....so I drove Easter back to Lakeside where I used to live to the good Vet that she went to over there...

The Vet called me yesterday and the first thing she said is "I got your girl Easter here. She's quite the nervous kitty, huh?" And I laughed and said "Yeah, I'm pretty much the only person she's cool with" and she said "Well I'm glad she's cool with SOMEONE and can enjoy life."


Waaaahhh! Now the task of finding her a new home is REALLY unappealing...as if it could have been any more unappealing than what it already was....

She then went on to tell me that she thinks Easter is...get this...HYPERTHYROID.

Jesus H.

Some of you may remember my very own medical saga which lasted nearly all of 2005 where I was in and out of Dr offices, saw an Endocrinologist, had an MRI done....all because I was believed to maybe have hypothyroid...which I ended up not having...which I'm thankful for...but anyway - Now my damn CAT may have to be on thyroid meds.

She also urged me to have a Senior Screening done; which I did, to the tune of a million dollars...and we should be getting the results back from the lab next week. This will determine if there is anything medically wrong with Easter...which could possibly leading to the defecation outside of the litter box problem.

If there is nothing wrong, then we'll look into other things. She (the Vet) assured me that we would work on this problem and try to figure it out...I told her it was to the point where I might have to find a new home for her as this problem is making MY home unbearable. I'm glad I have her help now.

I'm not writing ads at the moment and I'm not pursuing any new homes. I'm really hopeful that this can get fixed. I just pray that it can get fixed BEFORE I have to declare bankruptcy because of Vet bills. We already live paycheck to paycheck - and not to mention all of the stuff that needs to happen (home improvements) and things that need to be purchased for Baby. Like, say, a CRIB.

It will all work out in the end and I just need to take things one day at a time right now.

No comments: