Wednesday, December 28, 2005

This isn't going to be pretty....

I am MISERABLE. Beyond miserable. UTTERLY AND TOTALLY miserable.

It has now been a month of solid sickness; with a few good days sprinkled in... and I am thankful for those...because without those days, I would have forgotten what "normal" feels like. I have officially moved to throw-up morning sickness...and it's not morning - it's ALL.OF.THE.TIME. Infact, I may not finish this entry without a jaunt to the bathroom. Waaaahhhhhhh.

I am on vacation this week which I am SO THANKFUL for... I don't think I could be at work like this even though it's a total waste of a "vacation." I really really really hope and pray that by next Tuesday, most of this has calmed down. I will be in my 11th week then....and rumour has it, this should end around 12 weeks.

Christmas was nice....but I was sick the whole time. I missed the Creekmore family gathering because of sickness - Toby made our announcement there for us - and everyone understood my absence. I made it to all Christmas Day events (three!) but I was pretty pitiful at each. I loved seeing everyone but wished I was in my waterbed the whole time. That is the only place I feel comfortable anymore.

On Monday after Christmas, I stayed at home all day and had to miss a lunch with my brother, Kristen, and our good friends JJ and Erika who were in town for the day. UGH! On Tuesday, I was feeling a tad better so I went to get my haircut and met my brother for lunch. Then we went to Regency to spend some gift certificate money....and I think that's when I pushed it too much. When I got home around 6pm, I was BEAT and spend the rest of the night in the bathroom. :( Finally got to sleep around 3am, which forced me to have to cancel my Williamsburg Day with Cece which was scheduled for today. We are going to TRY for tomorrow. I have been in bed ALL DAY today, resting up.

THERE IS A BABY IN THERE. And that is the ONLY thing that is keeping me afloat at this point. I'm getting pretty depressed and upset at my current state... but it's all for a good cause and I have to keep reminding myself of that. Poor Toby feels helpless - I feel bad for him.

Say some prayers and/or send me some NO MORE SICKNESS vibes. :) I sure could use them. Thanks for the vent.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh poor you! It gets better around 12 or 13 weeks. In the meantime, try to graze - lots of little nibbles, so you've always got something on your stomach. Protein is a good choice, as well. And whatever you do, keep the fluids going. It's hard to do when you feel like you're just giving your body more to puke back up, but the baby needs it. And it will be SO worth it!

Anonymous said...

Leslie -
Just incase you read this again... The thought of any type of protien, fruit, or vegetable (except french fries, I can always eat french fries) has me running to the bathroom. Unless it's a tomato slice on a hamburger...and that's not exactly the health food that I should be eating...but anyway, I may try and fool myself with a protein powder fruit smoothie??? I'm looking forward to normal times when I can eat healthy again....right now, just trying to stay sane. And I've always got my fizzy water with me. With lots of ice and a straw.

Leslie said...

If this keeps up, call your doc. There may be something s/he can prescribe to help. It won't be much longer, but keep trying to eat! That little girl needs it!