It was such a nice Christmas for us!!! I hope everyone else had very happy holidays with family and friends. Stella really did make our Christmas even more special this year - she's just so amazing and fun.

On Sunday, we went to my parents' house for our gift exchange. They got us TOO MUCH. It was ridiculous. It was so nice having Matt and Kristen home....



One of Stella's gifts was a Jumpster which she loved right away!

After Christmas at the Taylors, we went to my mother-in-law's house for Christmas there. We ate Mexican food - she made the best enchiladas - and opened presents. Here are the girls and their new hats! (Oh yeah - and Toby and Kim. Who cares about them? It's all about the girls now! And excuse Toby's goofy smile. :)

And Kendall in her new jacket from us.

Here's Mother and child. I look like a goofball.

And here's Stella and her "uncle" Scooter.

Christmas morning was laid back.

Zana (MIL) came over to see us and we just lounged around and talked while A Christmas Story played in the background. I ruined breakfast which wasn't anything new. ha! It had hashbrowns, eggs, cheese, onions, peppers and it was supposed to cook overnight in the crockpot - which it did. It cooked into a big brown mess! GAG. Lucky we had KFC biscuits to save the day!!! Mom, Dad, and Matt stopped by for a minute but then we all needed to get on the road to Nancy's house where Mom's side of the family gathers every year. We all ate and did the annual "Wacky Swap" that is so.much.fun. I stole again this year - I think I'm getting a reputation. I stole from my Mimi last year and I stole from my Dad this year. Maybe I should be nice next year...
Stella got MORE gifts. She is one lucky lucky girl. I can't wait to get in her room and unpack all of her new toys, books, DVDs, clothes, etc...Right now it looks like we just moved in! Here she is with a new vibrating pig that Great Aunt Nancy got her - she liked to kiss him! (I think the vibration felt good on her gums!)

Here's the Wacky Swap. We all have so much fun and laugh a lot.




After Nancy's house, we went home to "regroup" - I repacked all of the boxes of food and gifts to head to Nanny's - My Dad's side of the family. The fam has gotten so large, we rented a rescue squad building in Mechanicsville...and itwas GREAT!! We weren't stuffed like sardines in a house and we could actually move around and visit. Nanny was there all day decorating and getting it ready. We also had room to take pictures....my favorite thing. :)
Nanny and her kids

The Taylors and Creekmores

Rusty and his fam

Cathi and her fam

The Purcells

Nanny and her grandkids

And my personal favorite: The Great Grandbabies!!

We also had a "new" thing this year - Dad and Matt played bass and guitar and led a sing-along of carols; including the annual "I'll be Home with Bells On" by Dolly Parton (sung by my Great Aunt Phyllis. Usually she does not have a back-up band!) And little Cayden sang the ENTIRE "12 Days of Christmas" complete with a "palm tree in a pear tree."

So, a lot of events. A lot of family. A lot of food and visiting and packing and gifts and riding in the car! But mostly, a lot of love. It was a wonderful Christmas. And a wonderful FIRST Christmas for Stella O'dell.
1 comment:
OMG! Stella and I have the same thighs! :-) Seriously, great photos and she looks like she loves her jumper...that was a favorite of both of my boys, too. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment