Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Update on my Out of Control-ness

So I was right. Writing things down helps. Last night I was pretty darn productive.

I ordered Phils to Go for dinner last night so before I left work, I picked up my dinner for 2 from the Company Store downstairs.

I got home at 5:30 and quickly went inside, put on flannel pants (because that makes everything better), unloaded the dryer with Stella's clothes, loaded the dryer with my clothes (that I had put in the washer that morning - smart me) and then I headed next door to pick up Miss Thing.

Hung out and chatted with mom and Dad for a few minutes before strolling the looooong 50 feet home. Got Stella into her swing and she fell asleep almost immediately.

Cleaned the kitchen, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it with the couple dirty dishes from the sink, made 2 dips for tonight (see below), heated up dinner (bbq, cole slaw, beans) and Toby and I ate at the coffee table while watching The View (see below) which I had DVR'ed, as usual. (My husband REALLY loves me - he watches the View with me. After just minimal sighs and eye rolling.)

After dinner, I folded all of Stella's laundry and since she has 452,765,9245,562,345 outfits and just as many bibs, this takes awhile. Just as I put all her clothes away, the dryer buzzed. Unloaded my laundry and put it away. (Mine doesn't take as long because I have SHIT for a wardrobe these days.)

I pulled out all of the random plates and containers of cookies and candies I have made the past few weeks and put 2 of each kind into a cute little X-mas tin for gifts. I now have 8 full tins ready to go in the fridge in the garage. Baking Adventure 2006 = OVER AND OUT. (Do not look for a repeat next year. Unless it's Oreo Truffles - I love those.)

Next to tackle the dining room table which is PILED with gifts that need wrapping. And then decided I didn't want to tackle it. So I didn't.

I put everything in a nice neat stack in the corner and will apologize to my guests tonight about the "Christmas Corner" and they can just not look at it. So there.

Stella had started her "Billy Bob Thornton/Slingblade grunting" (see below) so I knew she was very very tired. I stole her from her Dad (who was in charge of feeding and entertaining for the evening) and we layed on the waterbed and caught up on the The View from the past few days...she fell asleep and after I layed with her and stared at her for about an hour, I put her in her crib and went to bed myself. I read the latest US Weekly and In Touch and caught up on the ever-important news regarding Britney and Paris....and then off to sleep feeling like I got some things accomplished and that I was somewhat IN CONTROL.

I have also decided that I am not allowed to go to any type of store other than Kroger for a long time. When I realize we need something or when we run out of something, I will add it to a running list and go to the store when there are enough items. No more "just running here for one thing" because that spells danger. I am going to "let go" of the fact that I spent a million dollars on duplicate wrapping paper, bows, and tags - atleast I won't have to buy any for the next few years.

I'm starting clearing my mind of all guilt and regret. Clean Slate Time!

Tonight: My old bosses (there are 5 of them) are all in town this week (they are each located in a different region of the country and I supported them from the HQ in Virginia...) They are in town for meetings so they are all coming to our house tonight for "happy hour" before they go out to dinner somewhere. Thus the dips. I'll have some appetizer thingies and I have beer and wine...and we'll just visit and catch up. I am really looking forward to it - I miss my boys!

The View: Why am I LOVING this show now? It's been on for 10 years and I never gave a crap about it. I started to DVR it to just see what Rosie was like...and I ended up really looking forward to watching it every evening. And the biggest shocker of all: I'm liking Rosie on it!! I was obsessed with her show when it was on...I scheduled college classes around it, no joke. But since that ended, and she got the flock of seagulls haircut, I kind of didn't dig her anymore. I don't really enjoy people who are militant about ANY issue. (Politics, sexual orientation, race, religion, whatever!) I like people who are strong in their beliefs but can also discuss it and be open minded and LISTEN to other people; even if they will never agree. I feel Rosie got rather militant there for awhile.... And minus the Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa drama, she has been enjoyable on the View. She HAS her views - which are usually different than Elizabeth Hasselback's (she's rather conservative) but BOTH women listen to each other and TALK and I like that. And I feel a bit of the "old" Rosie is back - she IS funny.

Billy Bob Thornton/Slingblade Grunting: This is what Stella does when she is tired. I will have to video tape it and post it here. She grunts loud and long from about 7 - 7:30 everynight. We think she does this to try and keep herself awake because she really doesn't like to fall asleep. She cries and screams for about 2 minutes RIGHT before she falls asleep and then she is out like a light - until 8am (Thank you, God.) But that grunting session has become an every-night-occurance and it is absolutely hysterical. I love my girl! Even if she does sound like she's about to bust out "I love em french fried taters, mmmhmmm."

So, all is well. Life is great. Love to everyone.
Now I'm off to "work." ha.

No comments: