Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither - I'll have coffee.
Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
Do you hang mistletoe? No
When do you put your decorations up? It will be Thanksgiving weekend from now on! It was so nice and leisurely this year - and we can enjoy it for a whole month.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Brocolli Casserole with the Ritz crackers on top
Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My brother and I getting up early and my parents not letting us go downstairs until they had both gone to the bathroom and brushed their teeth - basically they would dilly dally and get us all worked up.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think it just evolved... one year I did, one year I tried to convince myself I did believe, and the next year I knew the truth...I don't remember an EVENT where I found out.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My brother and I have always exchanged our gifts on Christmas Eve. As kids, my parents used to let us open one gift from them which was always nice pajamas. That is one of the traditions I'm going to continue with Stella.
How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? This year it's all silver and glass...Every year since birth, Nanny has given us grandkids an ornament she painted with our name and the year painted on too. I will soon go through the boxes at Mom and Dad's and collect all of my ornamants and Toby's 4 ornaments - and I'm sure Stella will get one this year - and those will be on our tree next year.
Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if it's enough to where there is NO WAY I can get to work and I get to stay home in my flannel pajamas and not feel guilty about missing work.
Can you ice skate? No way. I wouldn't even try - I'd break my neck!
Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't really have one major gift that was my favorite. As a child, I guess it was "Libby Elly" my cabbage patch kid. As an adult, the necklace Toby gave me our first x-mas dating...it was a chain and one side was silver and one was gold because he wasn't sure which I prefered.
What's the most important thing about the winter holidays for you? Family gatherings
What is your favorite Christmas dessert? my mom's mini-pecan pies.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? When my Dad put up the Christmas Tree he HAD to listen to the 70's funk band, Tower of Power. My Mom used to get so irritated that he wouldn't listen to Christmas Music - but then it turned into a Taylor Family tradition. He did this until I moved out.
What tops your tree? Star
Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving - I love to think about people's gifts.
What is your favorite Holiday Song? I like "Grown up Christmas List" by Amy Grant even though it makes me cry. Most Christmas music makes me cry!! I also like "Carol of the Bells" and "O Holy Night" and the one that goes "Lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you..." I love listening to Lite 98 between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Candy Canes? No - they pull my fake teeth out. Yes, I am 80.
Fave Christmas Movie? DUH!! A Christmas Story!!!! (My entire family can quote this movie by heart. Just start any line and we'll finish it - especially Preston! "My father wove a tapestry of obsenities...............")
No comments:
Post a Comment