Friday, December 22, 2006

Creekmore Out!

She and her daughter will be at Christmas on Sunday. It's a step in the right direction so I got about 1/4 of my wish. :) I have invited her to dinner next week - just her and I - and we can talk in depth about the issues without family involvement/drama or distractions. I think it will be good - and hopefully some sort of good will come out of it. And we're going to Maggiano's so atleast we'll have italian food for days!

The office is closing at 3 today! (And I only got here at 11 because I had to stay at home to meet the telephone repair guy....)

Matt is landing in RIC tonight! So is Kristen! Cece is already here!

I rented the Devil Wears Prada and will watch it tonight while I bake -and while it's cold and rainy outside. While wearing flannel pants.

My friend Christy is coming over for a coffee at 4pm. And I might already be wearing those pants.

As much as I am dreading seeing some people at tomorrow night's Christmas event, I am looking forward to showing Stella off to those who have never met her (Even though I am MAD at them for showing no interest in her since her birth, I'm sure they'll be all over her tomorrow night and fight each other to hold her. And in the spirit of the holidays, I will forgive them.)

I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday - and this place will be DEAD for that whole week and I can work in peace and do stuff I've wanted to do for awhile like re-do files and other fun stuff.

I get to give Toby his Christmas present soon and I am very proud of it because he has NO IDEA and I know he'll love it.

This morning, while I was at home waiting for the telephone guy, I made 2 batches of cookies, one corn casserole, did a load of dishes, a load of Stella's laundry, and vacuumed. I feel good about going home to a semi-organized house.

And I'm going to do that right now - GO HOME!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

No comments: