Sunday, December 24, 2006

One down...

...Four Christmas Gatherings To Go!

I survived the first Christmas gathering last night - and that was the one I wasn't sure I would make it through...so that's great! It was nice. Mamaw was pleasantly positive and she looked really good - and obviously felt good. There was no yelling. There was a tad bit of drama as Toby's cousin brought his new girlfriend and her 3 year old son WHO HAD A FEVER AND A RUNNY NOSE. I was so pissed. Stella has not been sick yet and Kendall just got over RSV last week. So, we were neurotic mothers and tried to keep the kid away from the girls... I felt bad but geez!! I don't want a sick 5 month old regardless of what time of year it is but especially at Christmas since we have so many places to be.....

Stella got to open some of her first gifts and it was so exhausting......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday did not start off that great as a mean lady made me cry in Ukrops. Happy Holidays!! I was the idiot who needed to run to the store for a few last minute baking items I had forgotten...I had 10 or so things and was waiting in the mile-long line when a manager came up to me and told me to go to the Cafe to check out as there was no line. I looked at my stuff and said "Are you sure?" because you usually don't check out groceries in the Cafe line but he said "Absolutely!" So I went over there and told the guy behind the cash register, "The manager said I could come over here." And he said "No problem!" (This is Ukrops - everyone is incredibly nice.) So I'm checking out and this lady gets in line behind me and he takes about 2 minutes to ring up my stuff and he hands me my last bag and I grab it and turn to go when the woman makes a smart-ass comment. I stopped and said "Excuse me?" and she said "Nothing." But then proceeded to talk.... "The sign says 5 items and you obviously had more than that. You need to have respect for other people...." Or something to that effect about me having no respect....... I said "The manager sent me over here" and just walked away and went to my car and cried. Haha!! I know it wasn't all about that woman - I was stressed about the event last night too....but dang!! Merry F'cking Christmas to you too, Beotch! I wish I had said that.

Before the Ukrops fiasco, Toby and I exchanged gifts because we weren't sure when the next "quiet" time would be. I got him an Ipod Nano and he seems to love it. I also got him the iTrip kit so he can listen to it in the car through the speakers.... He got me a Digital Picture Frame that rotates all the pictures you load on it. He said it's for me to take to work to show off my pictures. :) I LOVE IT. Now if I can just figure out how to use it.

I need to get off this computer and get to making some truffles. I already made the batter (I bought a food processor at Kroger the other day and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it makes when mixing truffles!) We need to be at MY Mom and Dad's house (next door) for our gift exchange between us and my brother and Kristen.... And then off to Toby's Mom's at 3pm for that side...... which was the event that prompted my "please think about the Creekmore's" post a few days ago.... but she'll be there with my niece, minus the slug, and I'm very happy. The issue is not resolved or fixed - but atleast she is coming.

More fun family stories later!! Merry Christmas Eve!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog stories, I feel like I am talking right with you. Hope you guys have a nice holiday, besides Preston having a cold we are just fine, ready for Christmas at everyone else's house haha

Love you all!
Courtney