Stella came down with the pukes on Monday of the last week in February (AKA my last week of work!) We were up all night with her on Monday night so i was late for work on Tuesday, but I made it. Afterall, I can't stay home during my last week. Toby stayed home with her on Tuesday and Wednesday and she was pretty much over it by Wednesday night.... and this is when I STARTED PUKING. Amongst other things...
SO, in my attempt to not miss any work on my last week, I MISSED MY LAST TWO DAYS!
I'm sorry, but I think that is hysterical... And totally symbolic.
I still had a lot to do and some stuff to bring home, so I dragged my butt in there on Saturday and tied up all of the loose ends. I gave my badge to the security guard on my way out and never looked back.
Hello, new life!!
But then I came home and puked some more and laid in the bed like a zombie until Tuesday morning...when I felt like a MILLION BUCKS!
Now, on Sunday it started snowing and actually accummulated! It was the most snow we have seen in 10 years. Even though I was sick and would not have been working anyway, do you KNOW how good it felt to watch the snow come down and KNOW that my ass did not HAVE to go ANYWHERE!?! The feeling was fabulous.
I didn't even care that the ice and snow crashed in our gazebo on the deck because we were lazy assholes and didn't take down the canvas roof like we should have. I also didn't even care that the ice and snow snapped our Verizon cable in half and we were out a phone, tv, and internet until Thursday. It actually helped me to get stuff done. Since I was feeling much better by Tuesday, I attacked the house and did stuff I had been too busy to even think about before.... I reorganized the laundry room cabinets to be more efficient with the space. Same with my 2 closets and the office. I had to incorporate the boxes of "8 years of work stuff" into the home office...and it went well! I feel a bit organized and on track.
It feels nice. REALLY nice.
Here are some snow pics. Miss Stell's first snow!!
And this is what she looked like when I made her come back inside...
So the other exciting news at our household is that our yard has now become a Van Cemetary. Much like Pet Cemetary - except the vans aren't coming back to life and we WISH they would!!
Toby bought a big ugly white work van a couple months ago. Since being laid off, he has been doing side work to keep himself busy and can not work out of his jeep wrangler...We found a van on Craigslist for $1000 and bought it. He worked out of it for a few weeks but then it started blowing blue smoke and died. Uncle Greg came to the rescue again and helped fix it..but then something else blew up and WHATEVER. It's dead in the backyard.
So, Toby's friend Mark had another van for sale and we bought it for $1000. It's a conversion van that belonged to a gentleman in a wheelchair. NICE van - it really is pretty. It's nicknamed the Shag Wagon because it had carpet, a tv, 2 chairs and a table in the back. Pretty cool. Toby drove it home and then tried to drive it again and BAM. It died!! He's been frantically working on it for days...not finding the problem...and threatening to jump off the roof.
I'm sitting on the couch right now looking out the OPEN windows (because it's 70 degrees today - hard to believe those snow pics were just 4 days ago...) and I can hear the nice purr of the van. Uncle Greg to the rescue again. Luckily, it was something simple and it's running like a top now. Thank you LORD!
Shag Wagon:
And I swear that is not a beer bottle!!
Hmmm...what else is going on?
I'm thoroughly enjoying my time at home. It's been just one week - and most of that was sickness...but I can tell I am going to get TOO used to this. I have applied for a few positions that sound up my alley so I'm just waiting to see if I'll hear from them. I'm not in any rush...and I do want some more time off to be with Stella and to "center myself" again. I want to spend some days at Lewis Ginter doing some walking...I want to do some Byrd Park strolling...I want to do lunch in Tappahannock...I have a list!!
And I am excited to be able to complete it!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment