The only issue so far is that the big potty is just way too tall for her to get on it by herself; even with a step stool. I want her to be more independent and be able to go potty when she wants to... So I bought her a real little potty today.
It's THIS ONE. It is pink and princess-y and plays music when you pee. She HAD to hold the giant box all the way through Target. I could hardly see to push the cart but she would not let it go.
So we get home and I put it in the bathroom and she immediately sits on it to pee.
But she doesn't have to pee.
So she sits there. For a loooooooooong time.

And will not get up.
So I got her a cup of juice to drink on the potty in hopes it would go right through and she's get to hear some music. (Notice the crossed legs. She really was just chillin on the potty...)

There was still no pee so we're hanging out in the living room, waiting for pee.
It's fun.
In other Stella news - she cracks me up. Constantly.
She's really starting to become her own person and it's shocking to me. She's SO smart. And sometimes she's a smarty-pants.
Example: The new thing for her is when I tell her to stop doing something (going in the office, climbing on stuff, getting in my make-up, etc) she tells me "Oh, I'm ok." and continues to do whatever it was I said to stop. Drives me nutty!!
Example: Sometimes when I call to her to come to me in another room, she'll come in and say "WHAT NOW?!" Ummm, that ain't going to fly, sister.
Example: A lot of times when I talk to her, she looks me directly in the face and sticks her tongue out and blows a raspberry at me. Also not going to fly.
Example: She's now calling me "mom." As in "Thanks, Mom." or "No Thanks, Mom."
But I can't help go in the other room and chuckle. She's TWO. Going on 13.
"Happy Birthday" is still her term of affection. Whoever is with us...it's their birthday. We will be riding down the road with my Mom and it's "Happy Birthday, Neh Neh" about 10 times. Or eating dinner with my Mother in Law - "Happy Birthday, Mimi."
She remembers EVERYTHING.
The other day she busted out with "bad boy bad boys whatcha gonna do?" What the heck!? Toby watches Cops but not THAT much!
Family Guy on the other hand....)
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
So I'm thinking about finding a talent agency in Richmond for children.
I'm not joking. She's such a ham - she could be in commercials!
I PROMISE I will never be a Toddlers and Tiaras mom...
Let's see....Other Stella-isms:
- When I ask her to do something - anything! - she tells me "I need to do ____ first." That ___ could be anything and is usually different each time. Just now I asked her to do something and she grabbed my calculator and said "I need to check my e-mail first."
- When she wants you to keep doing something, she says "One more times, Mom."
- EVERY night she says "LAY DOWN WITH ME?" when we put her in the bed. Sometimes we do, but we don't want to make a habit of this so most of the time we say "No, your friends (stuffed animals) will lay with you." and she'll say "But Mom, lay with me one more times."
- Instead of "smell" she says "sum." So she'll hand me a candle or a flower and say "Sum it! Sums good...."
- She knows the words to all of the theme songs to all of her shows. It's incredible.
- When I tell her to put something down or not to touch something, she sets it down right where I told her NOT to and says "I'll just set it riiiiiiight here." Or she'll keep holding it and say "I'll just hold it really really tight." Like this is going to convince me to let her do it.
I'll have to come back and add more...there are a ton more little things that I don't want to forget. It's going by TOO fast.
2 comments:
Way too cute ... Tatum has started the NOOO thing to us ... we will tell her to not do somehting and she will tell us NOOO for telling her no. OMG
Stella is beautiful and very very funny! I say go for talent!
SO cute Steph! :) I say go for the talent thing!
Evan is so similar. Only his response to "We have to _____" is usually "No momma, just 10 more minutes. 10 more minutes." And he has the most devilish eyebrow thing he does when he knows he's doing something you've told him not to do. I agree, it's going by way too fast.
Post a Comment