Please make your appearance soon. Very soon. Or either back off for awhile so her mother's frayed nerves can heal. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.
Sincerely,
The Frayed Nerves Mother
So, anyway, I stayed home from work yesterday to let Mom get settled in the house with Dad before the usual Stella onslaught - and I'm glad I did. Wouldn't want to inflict that whining on a resting, relaxing heart attack recoverer. GOOD LORD. It was constant. I know babies whine and all, but Stella doesn't. I am the luckiest Mom on the planet - I know this - but dang. I felt so bad for her - but at the same time, I wanted to go lay in the corner in the fetal position - with some ear plugs.
In addition to the 24/7 whining, she REFUSED to take a nap all day long. Actually FOUGHT me. I must have put her in her crib 47 times - and every time she just stood up and chewed on the railing. There was no sleep happening. (She's usually a champion napper.) AND she would not eat. She would drink her bottles and I got 1/2 of a Yo Baby yogurt down her throat...but other than that? Nada. She was probably starving.
It's days like yesterday when a Baby Manual would come in REALLY handy.
So, Dad is doing really well. He has had constant visitors and now is the proud owner of 5 gigantic fruit baskets. He's resting and taking it easy and is SO glad to be home. (He came home around 8pm on Sunday...) Matt is taking care of the pool - and I think he has learned that unless he is filthy rich and can afford a pool boy, he ain't having no pool. What a PITA!
Dad has an appt with the cardiologist in a week - and that's when they'll check him out again and tell him when he can go back to work and stuff. In the meantime, it's rest rest rest for him.
I'm missing Carol.
Sometimes I'll think about her and it feels like someone punched me in the gut. I think I'm still in a bit of shock, and I don't believe she's GONE gone. It will be like this for awhile, I think, because I did not talk to her every single day like Cece did... so I can pretend she's still out there in New Kent. But then I want to pick up the phone and call her and I get that gut punch again.
I'm worried about John and Cece.
Do you know that those FOOLS came to visit my Dad in the hospital on Saturday - the day after Carol's service? I looked up at the door and in comes John. And then Cece and Greg came by for awhile. It was awesome to see them all but I just can't believe how strong they are..... I know this week has been hard as John and Cece are going through Carol's things and deciding what to do with them......... Ugh.
Cece is here until Sunday so hopefully we can do a girl's dinner one night. She needs to get back to her life in LA - but I sure am going to miss her being here in town.
Anyway...I'm rambling. Elmo is on for another 10 minutes and I can't leave the house yet or someone will scream. :)
Here are some new pics of that someone:
Eating Goldfish:

Playing with just a couple toys:

Posin:

Sitting with Cissy and Jacob:

Looking like crazy-head prison baby:

Lime green stripey baby:

Chillin in the mini-lounge chair:

Butt shot:

The usual set-up:
(Thanks to Cousin Emaline for MORE of her favorite toys - the table and chair)

Standing like a champ:
(Walking is not far away, people...pray for me.)
3 comments:
Glad your dad is getting rest. That is so funny about the teeth. We are having the same week. Lindsay has five right now. Three on the bottom and two up top but the two on either side of her two front teeth are trying to poke thru. She wouldn't nap this weekend either. Turns out she has a left ear infection too.
Those pics of Stella are TOO CUTE. Her and Linds have the same chunky thighs. LOVE that chair with the lamp and clock. I have to find something like that. CUTE!!! Hang in there girl. I'm thinking about you. I know you miss Carol. HOpe you and Cece get some good g-friend time in before she heads back to L.A.
Glad your dad is home I hope he continues to rest like he is supposed to!
You are all in my prayers ... love you all!
Stephanie, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm sending love and prayers your way. Keep looking up!
Post a Comment