I got to Carol Bock's yesterday around 4:30 or so...and I walk in the house and there is no one to be found. I look out the back and there is Carol sitting on the back deck in her new wheelchair that Hospice brought - looking out over the lake enjoying the beautiful weather. That was an awesome sight.
She is still with us. And actually, doing really really well. She's drugged up - but loving it because it's the first time in 10 years she hasn't felt tremendous pain. She's as feisty as ever and had us in hysterical laughter much of the time. It was me, Cece, John, Rob (Cece's older brother), Carol, and Greg (more on him in a minute) out on the deck just chatting and laughing. John was kicked back with his Guiness (which I had not seen him do in many many years) and was enjoying himself. We watched the birds ...there was one little yellow bird that kept coming so close. Greg (being from LA where there aren't any trees) was just amazed at the NATURE and was quietly taking digital pictures of the birds and the lake and the boat and spider webs... and I watched him secretly take videos and pictures of Carol when no one was watching. Those are going to be a treasure.
Greg. I LOVE HIM! I'm so happy for Cece I could bust. First of all, to fly clear across the country to meet your girlfriend's family for the first time and to be thrust into this situation... I can't even imagine. He was incredible - the way he interacts with everyone, the way he is with Carol (fixing her pillows and the way he chats with her...) and most importantly, the way he is with Cece. He loves her, it's obvious, and she needs someone amazing who will take care of her and not COMPETE with her - like all of her past actor boyfriends. They all get jealous of her talent and eventually get resentful and weird... I don't think Greg will do that...he's confident in himself and HE IS SO CUTE! And he has a really cool job at ABC right next to the Grey's Anatomy set and he said McDreamy is a really nice guy in person. That makes everything better.
Anyway, I KNOW Carol Bock was so happy to have him there and maybe that's why she is in such his spirits and seems to be "lifted" a bit physically.
As strange as it is to say this, to be a part of this experience is pretty amazing.
Who knows how long this will continue...I'm not really worried about it. I'm just enjoying each day I can. I'm enjoying each laugh and each speech about what vitamins I need to take.
1 comment:
That's really awesome for your friend. Glad you got to meet her BF finally and it sounds like you are all really enjoying each other.
((((HUGS))))))
Post a Comment