Yesterday, I went out to New Kent to visit Cece and Fam. We had talked on the phone about how she didn't really have anything to wear to Carol's funeral (sounds morbid, but it is a topic of conversation with everyone; including Carol Bock.) So, yesterday morning I went shopping and got a few things for Cece in hopes they would work for her - and MAN was that fun to shop for a skinny person!! I got her an awesome pair of white pants (Carol said no black!) and 2 gorgeous shirts... And everything fit and looked fab on her... I was so glad. I also made a big batch of truffles for John.
Carol is wasting away - physically and mentally. The difference between yesterday and those pictures below (which was only 6 days) is astounding. Like Cece said yesterday "It's just too fast." It's like this phase of her sickness has been SOOOO fast; even though she has been sick for 10 years.
I have not heard from anyone today...but on my drive home, Carol popped into my head and I wondered how today was going for them...and the beginning notes of "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me came on the radio RIGHT as I started thinking about her. That song gives me chills anyway - and then to hear it right at that moment when it's not that popular on the radio anymore....
I took it as a sign. And I didn't cry - because it felt RIGHT.
I Can Only Imagine Lyrics
» Mercy Me
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine
[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine
[Chorus]
I can only imagine [x2]
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
2 comments:
One of my all time favorite songs, even now. Glad you were able to shop for Cece so she could stay with Carol. Big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way.
I love that song too ... and you are right it never comes on ...
I am thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers!
Post a Comment