The Daylight Savings thing has really thrown me for the first time in my life. I have never even cared before (other than losing an extra hour to sleep off the hang-over) but this year?? Ever since I got up at 7:30 am yesterday (AKA 6:30) I have been out of whack. And here it is 4pm and I have done nothing today but run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Who made up that saying because it's disgusting; yet I use it all the time.
Anyway, this weekend was a good one. On Friday Night, I did some Power-Greys-Anatomy-Watching. If that was an Olympic Sport, I would win. I got through the first 2 discs of Season 2 by 1pm on Saturday - and then was sad I had to send them back and WAIT for the next two. What am I going to do when I actually catch up and have to wait a WEEK for the next one. (Or God Forbid waiting a whole SEASON.) Toby was out with the boys on Friday night so it was easy for me to fly through the episodes without commentary from the "peanut gallery" about the unrealistic-ness of the show and all the "relations" between the staff. This is GOOD TV, people!! Leave me alone!
Saturday was pretty chill. I put together a corner Baker's Rack for the dining room all by myself (that had been in the box for a month) and it looks great. We were going to visit Zana in NoVA but ended up not being able to go because the giant Rottweiler we have, Elvis, has figured out he can get a running start and CLEAR the 3 foot picket fence on the side of the house between our house and Mom and Dad's. He got out again on Thursday - luckily the nosy old lady across the street saw him get out and called Mom - and Toby had to go chasing him again. (This is like the 4th time she has called to tell us Elvis got out...does she just sit and watch?? No one will ever rob our house without her catching them in the act!)
The rest of our backyard (which is huuuuuge) is surrounded by 6 ft privacy fence - just this one side is picket fence. So, we decided to get a chain link fence and section the back 1/3 of the yard just for the dogs. There's a gate to get back there and PLENTY of room for them; and they still have access to the garage so they can go shoot a game of pool or grab a beer out of the fridge. Kidding. But anyway, they have the set-up. AND we get the front 2/3 of the yard for US to use (with an eventual swing set for Stella) and not have to worry about the Doggie Doo Landmine. (We are eventually going to tear down that picket fence and just put up a privacy fence across the front from Mom and Dad's to our house - so our yards will be connected on one side - we will have free access to their pool and they will have free access to the eventual playground for Stella...) It's a win-win!
Dad and Toby worked ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday and I tell you what - it looks AWESOME. I'll post pictures tonight. They worked really really hard and it shows.
All the way across the back of the yard:

View of garage:

View towards the house - now the HUMANS' part of the yard (free of dog doo):

The "kids" in their new home:

On Sunday, we went to church with Mom and Dad and finally got to see Dad play music. He has been playing during the services at this church for month and months and we had never been (bad bad bad....) And yesterday was probably not the best day to do it with the time change - OF COURSE we were running around like chickens and we were horribly late and frustrated by the time we got there. GREAT way to start the day.
The service was nice and the music was FAB, of course. I'm really proud of Dad. Yesterday they did "Doctor my eyes" by Jackson Browne and an original song by Mike Shiflett - my Dad's friend. I'll talk about him in depth in another post - he's a cool character!
Anyway, after the service we went out to lunch which was LOADS OF FUN (sarcasm) as Stella was a grumpy mess and I was anxious because I was SURE we were ruining everyone's leisurely Sunday Lunch throughout the entire restaurant.
We got home and she took a very-much-needed nap and I used the time to clean and empty the dishwasher and swiffer vacuum (I love this thing) and sort/wash/fold/put-away laundry. When she woke up, I decided that it was too nice of a day to stay inside again. To Short Pump we go!!!
We strolled the mall and I had a coffee. It was lovely. I found her Easter Dress on the clearance rack at Macy's and it's PERFECT for her. Not too girly or frilly as that ain't her thang. And I FINALLY got myself a pair of Crocs that I had wanted for a million years and they are so ugly but they are so comfortable and these days comfort outweighs looks by 10,000 miles.... So there.
I also got Stella some shoes in size 3 because the size 2 gave her blisters!! BLISTERS! On a foot that isn't even walking yet!! (bad Mom alert!) But come to find out, the size 3 shoes are like skis. So I guess we are officially in the "in-between" stage and can't find shoes at all. (Even the Robeez slipper-type shoes are like this!) I have "Stella Shoe Angst." Any advice would be appreciated. She can't be the first baby this has happened to! I'm just sick of putting her socks back on.
I can't even tell you how many times I was stopped in the mall by someone telling me that Stella is the cutest baby.
Yeah. Tell me something I don't know.
Ha!!
3 comments:
my mom found our now unborn unnamed child a pair of crocs ... yes I swear it ... they are so small ... anyway I love my crocs and I hope someone with a child can help you with the shoes, cause I don't know!
OMG, I LOVE my Crocs! They're red and ugly as all getout, and I DO NOT CARE! I want more in other colors...they're what I wear when I can't wear my flip flops!
Hi, I enjoy reading your blog...you're too funny. I have an eight month old daughter and shoes are an issue for us too. But I have GREAT socks. The Carter's no kicks are the best. They're expensive but well worth it b/c you aren't putting socks back on all day. You can also find them at Tuesday Morning and TJMAX/Marshall's sometimes cheaper..oh and KOHL's. My baby has a fat chunky foot. No shoe that fits her in length fits her in width. Give it up til they're walking I say! Good luck. Hope this helps.
I did your first time mom post on my blog. www.bresnan3.blogspot.com
Post a Comment