Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Update

Well, I haven't killed anyone or commited any heinous crimes since my last angry entry. I'm over it.

We had a very busy weekend!!

Friday was a really yucky, rainy day so I was in HEAVEN to get home and put on flannel pants and STAY THE HELL HOME. Toby went to sleep early on the couch (who's shocked?!?! not me!) and I watched a couple episodes of my friends as Seattle Grace.

On Saturday, I got up at the butt-crack of dawn, put my hair in a ponytail, threw on some jeans and my tennis shoes and headed out to do some yardsale-ing. (That is a verb.) I went by 7-11 first to fuel up on some coffee (I am SO mad at 7-11 for changing their coffee cups and lids - the new ones just do not measure up!) and a big, fat, blueberry muffin. (Yeah, I am obviously OVER IT - as mentioned above.) I met up with my friends Linda, Christy, Elizabeth, and E's husband Brian at Linda's house and then we all headed over to Mechanicsville for the annual RAMOM (Richmond Areas Moms of Multiples) Yard Sale. Doors opened at 8am. This was so awesome, it will be an annual event for me, for sure. They did a GREAT job with this event. It was so organized and clean and enjoyable. I was expecting Mom vs. Mom fights over the latest Elmo doll - but there was nothing of the sort.

I hit the motherload and got atleast 25 summer outfits for Stella for $55. Cha-ching!

I got home from my yardsale adventure and Toby's aunt and uncle were already there. Our front yard is filled with CRAP from the previous owner. We really aren't flower people - and we definitely aren't UNORGANIZED flower people. It looks like they just stood on the porch and threw out handfulls of different plant and flower seeds and they all rooted and bloomed...and the entire front yard is mulched with pine needles. Ugh! Toby really wants a yard with grass so he and Greg dug up over 20 Azalea bushes and Greg and Donna are pleased as punch to have them and put them in their yard. Donna visited with me in the house while they worked...and Mom and Dad came over for a bit too. Greg and Donna left around 2pm and Mike (our neighbor) came over and hung out for a few. He and Toby started cutting down tree limbs that were about to touch our roof and the power lines (Toby was on a yardwork roll... when he gets that way, I just let him go!) Mike's wife also came over and visited for a couple hours. Right before they left, Zana (Toby's Mom) arrived for the night. It was constant in-and-out visiting - which was LOVELY - but we ain't used to that!

We went down the street to the Hermitage Grill for dinner with Zana and that was so good! That place has 9 tables in it. It has been there forever... My grandfather used to go there and drink (too much) when my Mom was little...and my Dad used to go there and eat Moon Pies at the bar. But, believe it or not, I had never been there. I loved it! And since it's a little neighborhood joint, there are a lot of regulars. One of the regulars is an old man named Fred and he was sitting at the bar. We had Stella with us in a highchair and about halfway through our meal, the bartender comes over and puts a dollar on the table for Stella and 2 dollars on the table next to us where there were 2 kids with their parents... He said "This is for the kids. It's Fred Money." Apparently, Fred gives dollar bills to all the kids in the restaurant when he is there. I thought I was going to cry. What a sweet man. We thanked him and he just smiled and shooed us away. He loves doing it. I bet he's done that forever.

On Sunday, we went to Shoney's with Erik (Zana's man) and Kim (Toby's sister) and Kendall (her daughter.) That was really nice - and it was so fun seeing the girls together. We have not gotten together with Kim and Kendall in a looooooooong time due to some issues going on in their lives with their little "family unit"... But it seems those issues are in the process of getting resolved and hopefully soon we'll be able to do more with them. I really hope so because the girls had a great time playing.

Zana left around 3pm...and Mom and Dad asked if they could take Stella to visit some friends of theirs. Of course!! I get some ME time!!! Alone!!! Toby was out in the yard digging up some big Sea Grasses and moving them from the front yard to the back (I'm telling you - the front yard had 20 azaleas and atleast 6 HUGE Sea Grasses...Not pretty.) So I had the house to myself. Oh the things I will do!!!!! My head was swimming with the possibilities! I packed a bag for her and Mom and Dad picked her up and I waved bye to them and then turned around and immediately felt lost.

NOW what do I do?

I literally didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't want to take a nap. The house was pretty much clean so I just vacuumed a little and then played on the computer for a minute and scrapbooked 4 pages.... I fixed dinner and put in ANOTHER Grey's Anatomy dvd (I watched the 2 episodes with the bomb - I cried) and then here come Grannie and Grandpa with my girl.

I have never been so happy to see someone in my life!!!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Good for you for GETTING OVER IT. Glad to see you had a good weekend. Wasn't that epi of Grey's PHENOMINAL!??? LOVE that show. Hope they aren't about to F it up.

Oh and can I just say I'm SOOO jealous you have 7-Eleven's there! I grew up in Orlando and on slurpee's. I HATE that we don't have them in Atlanta yet we see the friggin commercials on tv. I wanted a slurpee so freakin bad when I was pregnant and my husband absolutely refused to drive to FLORIDA to get me one. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE NERVE????!!!

Take care!

Leslie said...

Dude! You didn't clue me in on the RAMOM sale!!! Bad Stephanie! (Joking, I love you! But next time TELL ME!)

Marcey and I hit the WEAG kids sale and scored HUGE...there's another in September. Wanna go?!