Friday, March 09, 2007

My First (and only) Born

Check it out! Another opportunity to talk about Stella because I never do that!! (sarcasm)

MY FIRST BORN
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Sort of - but it was still a surprise.


2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited, scared, nervous, hysterical, petrified, happy, thought I was going to puke and/or pass out

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No way

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
29

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I thought maybe I was pregnant, so I peed on the stick, and it came back postive real quick - on the SAME DAY I started my new job working for a Vice President. Perfect timing! (Turns out, my new boss was incredible about it.)

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband... then my Sister in Law who had a 2 month old at the time.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Heck yeah! I'm too much of a planner not to. Toby didn't want to but I had the Uterus Trump Card so I got to decide.

9. DUE DATE?
July 29, 2006

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, I had morning sickness, and night sickness, and afternoon sickness, and every kind of sickness possible for 7 months straight. The last 2 months were wonderful when we finally figured out which meds worked.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Fruit (pears and pineapple especially), diet coke with lots of ice, club sandwiches with mayo and SHREDDED lettuce

12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
People who didn't understand that I was ill and could not go out or travel or even leave the house at some points... That really hurt my feelings that people tried to make me feel guilty.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX
Girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
At first I wanted a boy, but then as it got closer to 20 weeks I REALLY had a feeling it was a girl; and by then I really hoped it was a girl.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 32 lbs

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes - 3 of them! I have such amazing friends, family, and co-workers.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
The work one was supposed to be a surprise but it wasn't. :)

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Just major sickness - which was hell - but I was really lucky that the baby was fine the whole time.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Henrico Doctors on Forest - they were so great. My delivery nurse was AMAZING.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
19 hours

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Toby - at 3am - in a Jeep Wrangler because my Mazda was about out of gas!

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My husband.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Hell Yes.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH??
7 lbs, 13 oz

28. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS???
Not really. She had a little bit of fluid in her lungs but they said that her crying and screaming would help get that out - and she did a lot of that!

29. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON?
July 23, 2006

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Stella O'Dell

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
7 months

OK mommies repost this as "MY FIRST BORN

No comments: