Friday, February 29, 2008

Ode to my Sweet Wild Orange


You KNOW I love my coffee. But coffee has some competition now.

Yes, I am just as shocked as you are!!

I am now obsessed with the Tazo Sweet Wild Orange tea. Like 10-cups-a-day obsessed. Like I-have-one-cup-of-coffee-in-the-morning-and-that's-it obsessed. That is UNHEARD OF.

I first tried it at the coffee bar in the lobby here at work. My friend Julie drank it all the time and I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was really good. I turned my "partner at work" Debbie onto it as well. Then Julie found it on sale at Ukrop's and bought several boxes and gave me a whole box. I thought that was nice and great but that it would last me 2 years like the other teas that are in my cabinet at home. To make a long story short, the box was gone that weekend. I got quicky addicted!

So I went on a search to buy myself more but can't find it anywhere. I tried "my" Ukrops and also Kroger....

And now it might seem like I am changing the subject but I swear this will come full circle.

So, I did not get the job.

I've over it. I had a pity party last weekend but now I'm ok. I'm NOT ok with how it was all handled and I feel rather disheartened - but I'm not going to rehash it, I'm just movin' on!

The manager of the department that I interviewed with is one of my boss' direct reports and I see him all the time. He is in charge of the food service in the building - amoung many other things. I asked him about the tea and if they were ever going to sell it by the box here in the store we have. He said to shoot him an e-mail with my request. That was Tuesday.

Today, I get a call from the Chef and he says "I have 3 cases of some Tazo Orange tea down here..." I guess the guilt of the whole "job situation"........... anyway, I'm not even going to say it. Atleast I got some tea out of the whole debacle!!!

So Debbie, Julie, and I bought all three cases! The tea is normally $4.59 at the store and they sold it to us here for $3.50.

What does it mean when some sweet orange tea is the highlight of your week?

It means: GET A LIFE.

Go buy some tea.

5 comments:

MBKimmy said...

I was that way with Diet Peach Snapple in November - I could not get enough - I will have to go try some of that tea! Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

Sorry to hear about the job...that SUCKS so bad! I am laughing at how you tell a story though girl. I can check around here for that tea...I'll have to try it too. If I hit pay dirt I can send you some when your stash is gone. That is unless you've moved on to a new addiction. LOL!

Ms. Kiki said...

I would never laugh at another's tea addiction. I can't stop drinking chai lattes at Starbucks. At least your addiction is affordable! :)

Melanie said...

I love me some hot tea! I'll have to try your delicious find! I'm sorry to hear about the job - bummer! FYI - Over the weekend I used my tax refund to get a new pair of GLASSES! They are no where near as cool as yours, but they are a lot more in style than my current pair. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about not getting the job! I was wondering...thanks for the update! The Tazo Orange Tea is my FAV right now too. YUM