Thursday, February 07, 2008

I need to start from the start.

Previously on Stephanie's Addiction:

I was getting ready for a job interview for a big promotion here at my current company. I did not mention it for fear of jinxing myself. I decided not to really tell a lot of people. I would rather just update them with an "I GOT THE JOB" phone call or e-mail or post.... and skip the whole agonizing applying/interviewing/waiting part. Wellllll....... Apparently, I jinxed myself.

It has now been over two weeks and I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD IF I GOT IT OR NOT. My interview was on a Tuesday and I was told I would hear by the end of the week. I understand (through the corporate grapevine) that there is some political issues involved - and I am certainly not shocked at that - but just deeply disappointed and disheartened. Which has caused me to LOSE MY F'IN MIND for the last 2 weeks. And I still might get it! But it's not looking good. Ya'll. Can I just say this would be INCREDIBLE for me and my family. It would be a large raise financially - but it would more importantly be a great career opportunity for me - and would open doors for a successful future here. Once I got this job (and off my current admin track) I could be very successful.

So I am struggling with the whole "THINK POSITIVE!" thing. Reading my Joel Osteen calendar over and over like I was Rainman. Watching Oprah's episode of "The Secret Behind the Secret" more than any human being should..... I am THIS close to making a vision board.

All the while trying to work, take care of a house, husband, daughter (including the ol' "Cry It Out" bedtime routine that is NOT WORKING, PEOPLE!), exercise and train for the 10K that is LOOMING, eat right and lose weight (HAHAHAHAHA!) and be in bed by 8:30 pm because I am an OLD LADY. It has not been pretty.

Other things in my life besides that DAMN JOB:

- Stella turned 18 months old and had her Well-Check with the Pediatrician last week. She did not cry one peep! She usually busts my eardrums when he lays her back to look in her ears... She was as good as gold this time. She even got 2 shots and didn't peep. I was SO proud of my girl! The doc said she is perfect and thriving - direct quote, sort of. She is SO SMART. I can't stand it. Every day she shocks me with new words or faces or expressions or actions. Now if we could JUST get this bedtime thing behind us. I will say, it's getting better. Some nights are worse than others..... but we've got our bath/books/bed routine down....it's just a matter of sticking to it. AND WE HAVE! It's been OVER 2 weeks now and she is crying less... I was hoping after 2 weeks though - I could just plop her in the crib and she'd lay down and start snoring. Not quite. Maybe in THREE weeks.

- I had my first shopping/returning experience at Nordstrom's and let me just say = I LOVE THEM. I finally got myself a pair of Uggs. If you do not have a pair yet, please stop reading. Get in your car. Go to the mall. Buy a pair. Put them on. And THANK ME. They are like clouds of cotton candy around your feet. Ugly as hell, but CLOUDS. So, I was so excited when I got them. And I deserve an Oscar for my performance of "calm, cool, collected" when they told me the total $ and I handed over my credit card. "Oh, NO problem. Here you go. No sweat." But really on the inside? Stroke. But I QUICKLY felt better when I realized how in love I was....and I wore them out of the store. Threw the receipt in the trash can on the way to the car. Left the box with the sales girl because I could just not be bothered with it..... So 2 days later, I realize they are too big. They were slipping off my heels and I was clunking around. I was CRUSHED. I decided that I would sell them on Ebay for a little less than what I paid...and then use that money to buy a new pair because GOD KNOWS no one takes back worn shoes with NO box and NO receipt. Well, guess what? Nordies does. I exchanged them for a Chocolate pair that I love even MORE. And if you decide to go get some, remember; they run big.

- I am training for the 10K. And by training I mean "not working out and fretting as each day passes and gets closer to the race." I hate myself sometimes. WHOOPS!!! I mean, I LOVE MYSELF! (Positive thinking.) I signed up to train with the YMCA at 8am for the next 10 Saturdays. I went to the first one and had a brisk 1 mile walk with my buddy Leslie. It was great and I felt invigorated.... and have yet to make it back. Last Saturday it was dang 20 some degrees so we skipped and walked on our own at other times. I really did walk with Stella that Sunday - 1.5 miles. And last week I worked out 4 times. But this week, I have not even graced the doors of the fitness center here. A lot has to do with this damn job again - it's ruining my life!! (I mean, I LOVE IT! AND I'M GOING TO GET IT!) I just feel like I can't leave my desk because they might call and give me an answer. So I run downstairs to grab a salad for lunch and run back up and eat here at my desk. And every day passes and I didn't workout and I didn't hear an answer either.... DAY AFTER DAY! It's really killing me. I really want them to call me and tell me the job is MINE so I can get on my with life.

- Last Sunday, my college friend Lisa and her man Vinnie stopped by for a couple hours on their way up to Maryland from their trip to NC. That was LOVELY!! Us girls snuck off to the garage for some quick girl talk which really was theraputic for me - and I hope her too. :) We had a nice little catch-up conversation and we must do that MORE OFTEN! I hope to schedule a "meet you halfway" day in Northern Virginia one day soon.... any NoVA girls want another Potomac Mills/IKEA trip? :)

- I had an eye doctor appointment this past Monday at 4pm (Which KILLED me because I KNEW that would be when they would call about the job....but alas. It wasn't. SHOCK!) The poor doc had the WORST BREATH EVER and he was a mouth-breather. And was ALL UP IN MY GRILL. But God bless him, he got my contact prescription right! The lunatic I went to last year screwed me up and I have not been able to see for a year. The best part of my eye doctor story is that after the appt I was walking to my car and my heel fell in a hole and I twisted my ankle and all 600 pounds of me landed on my right knee. AWESOME. I don't think anyone saw me. I hope no one HEARD me. After it was all said and done, I thought back and realized as I was going down, I yelled "Whoa!" and when I hit I yelled "DANG!" Apparently when I fall, I turn into Napoleon Dynamite.

So I got some new contacts and a new pair of glasses - which is always a production since they are as thick as glass ashtrays. (Please see THIS POST.) So the lady has convinced me to get these really trendy and "chic" frames. Dear God I am going to look like Justin Pierre and my husband will leave me. (I love you, Justin!)

My new glasses - only the sides on mine are burgandy

Justin Pierre - famed singer of Motion City Soundtrack




- I found an ad on Craigslist for a girl who cleans houses - and it was the cutest ad - so I contacted her. She came to the house this past weekend and quoted me $55 to clean. HELLO?!?!?! At this point, I would pay $550 for someone other than me to clean....so i am SUPER pleased. She was scheduled to come tomorrow for the first time...but Toby just called me and said he was headed home early because he is sick. DANG! :) The CLEANING GODS are against me, I swear!!! So, I'll need to reschedule. What's one more day living in filth and ground up orange goldfish crackers in the carpet?

- Our THREE YEAR anniversary is Tuesday. THREE GLORIOUS INCREDIBLE PERFECT YEARS. Yeah, just kidding. Marriage is the hardest thing I have ever done. When it's good it's great...when it's bad it's ANNOYING and FRUSTRATING. But it's all worth it, for sure. I wouldn't trade my family for all the tea in China. Or even this DAMN NEW JOB.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts kill me! I was dying to hear about your job but didn't want to directly ask you in email.

I thought my lenses were thick!!! LOL! Actually one of mine is pretty thick while the other is normal. Are yours plastic or actual glass?

Anonymous said...

You are tooooo funny! And I love reading your blog! You keep me laughing! Thank you!!! :)

Chris said...

Oh my gosh you have me ROLLING!!!! That was a SERIOUS update girl. Good luck, break a leg, whatever it takes I'm praying you get your wish...I'm not typing it out loud..NO JINXING! I think Uggs are as ugly as CROCS but now you have me curious to put them on. LOL! Are you going to wear them in the summer with skirts and shorts like the chicas in Hollywood?? I have to ask...does Toby KNOW you had the cleaner coming but he was sick so you had to cancel? Or does he have NO CLUE and you had to reschedule cause he isn't in the loop? Totally need clarification on that. I'm laughing if it's the latter and thinking I could try that if my darn hubby didn't work from home.
Someday Stella and Lindsay are going to have to meet...that's just IT! She sounds as Brilliant as my DD! :)
Speaking of Stella...more pictures please.

Have a great weekend!!! Hang in there!!!

MBKimmy said...

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU -
The best part for me is where you admit that marriage is hard - so many woman lie and hide the hard parts - which then makes those of us that think it is hard think we are all E'fed up - which we aren't WE ARE NORMAL - they those liar's are the Effed up one's - haha

Miss you hope to see you again one day soon!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I hear ya on trying to move on past being the Admin person...I've been stuck in that rut for too long! I have an interview this week and I hope we both get the jobs we want!

Mary Ann (dwlz)

Anonymous said...

Ok.. you are THE funniest person I know! I was cracking up laughing out loud with the eye doctor story, just remembering last year's post. Then when I got to the twisted ankle part - I thought I would pee my pants. I was crying!! You are HILARIOUS!! Love, Amy Bacon