I swear. I went to the eye doctor 2 weeks ago because all of a sudden, I can't see. Granted, I had just been reordering my contacts off of 1-800-contacts.com for about 3 years now and had not been keeping up with my yearly check-ups... So I went to a new Dr and got a new contact prescription (They still aren't in yet...) And a new Glasses prescription. He said that my eyes had gotten a little bit worse.
The night of my exam, Toby and I went to Lenscrafters to pick out new frames. (Note to self: Next time, don't take the husband who could care less...take the Gay boyfriend who will give fabulous style advice. Denny! Put it on your calendar for this time next year.) So anyway, we get to bickering in Lenscrafters because I am trying on frames and can't see until I am 1 centimeter from the mirror so I ask:
How do these look?
Toby: Fine
No, really, do you like them?
Toby: I said they look good! Yes. I like them.
Do they really look good?
Toby: GOD!
**Repeat 85 times with different frames**
So basically I end up with a pair that looks exactly the same as the ones I had before. Whatever.
I give the frames and my written prescription to the girl who is going to put my order in the computer and she looks at my prescription and...GASPED. She actually gasped. It's bad people.
So TWO WEEKS LATER (It took Lenscrafters - the "glasses ready in an hour" people - TWO WEEKS to CRAFT these suckers.
I just went on my lunch break to pick them up and DAMN.
They are like taking 2 glass ashtrays off of a table at the local diner and putting some brown frames around them and wearing them on my face. I'm afraid if the sun hits them in the right spot, it'll start fires in my eyeballs.
And just for those of you who don't believe me, I will take a picture of them and posting it right here in this spot:

In other news, there really isn't any! ha!
1. Stella's got a tooth coming in on the bottom. Right now it looks like a tiny white dot.
2. I am taking off work tomorrow to go to Tappahannock with the ladies (Mom, Stella, Mimi, Nancy, Sunah) to go visit the ladies (Amy, Barbara, Jean, etc) and I'm so excited!
3. This is our 2-year Anniversary weekend and Stella is staying with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday night. Toby and I have reservations at Ipanema Grill and are going to see a movie if I can stay awake past 8:30 pm - but I ain't making no promises.
4. I'm having a hell of a time getting all the paperwork I need to get our taxes done. Our realtor sent us someone elses Closing Statement. GREAT. That helps me NONE. We also never got the correct paperwork from the Closing Attorneys and I have had to call them and they have told me they just moved offices and all their files are in boxes...well, I don't give a crap - get to unpacking! You should have sent me the right stuff to begin with!
5. I delivered Meals on Wheels this week and it was SO COOL. We were on a route with 13 deliveries...and it was just a humbling experience and I plan to do it much more often now. It really slaps you in the face and makes you realize that complaining about thick, ashtray glasses really is the LEAST of my worries and I should count my blessings a TRILLION times a day.
1 comment:
Holy moly, Steph! I didn't really believe you until I saw it for myself. Yikes.
Post a Comment