1. Last Saturday we spent nearly $12,000 on 17 new windows and a new steel front door and a new steel back door - installation included. The previous owners of our house did a lot of work - new heat pump, new roof, refinished wood floors, all new appliances, paint in every room, etc... So I feel like making this investment in the house will make it perfect in many ways - the windows are all old wood and rotted (as well as the door frames) and you can feel the cold air coming in so our heating/cooling bills will be better AND the asthetic of the house will improve 100%. We'll get all of this money back and more when we sell one day (which we won't because I don't ever want to move again...) and it's just a smart move to make. So we're making it. Even though the total cost scares the bejeezus out of me.
2. Went to bed Sunday night feeling fine. Woke up at 2am feeling like ass. Woke up again at 6am and went to get ready and nearly passed out in the bathroom floor. Got back in bed. Called work - not going. Called Mom - come get Stella. Went back to sleep until 5pm. No joke.
3. Felt better on Tuesday so I worked and then left at 2pm for a dental consultation with a new dentist. Some of you may remember the Teeth Drama From Hell that I went through a couple years ago... After going through that, and then being pregnant, I just kind of let my teeth issues rest. I recently decided to pursue it again but with a NEW doctor. (When I called to get my dental records, they said "Oh, you have been a patient here since 1980!" Yeah. I think it's time for a new set of eyes...) The new dentist, Dr. Friend, was AWESOME. We drew up a treatment plan for me that includes one implant and 4 crowns and a lot of cosmetic restructuring with my front teeth. I'm very excited.
4. Cleaned out the fridge while cooking dinner and had a huge container of leftover shredded bbq that needed to be tossed, so I put it all down the garbage disposal CORRECTLY - little bits at a time, running the water, letting it go through slowly.... all is good. Until later when running the dishwasher and it tried to drain, the kitchen sinks started backing up. Toby plunges them and the water goes back down. We will revisit this in #6.
5. Yesterday, Wednesday, I worked all day and went by Target on the way home. At the suggestion of some brilliant Moms I know, I picked up 2 pair of the Bobux/Robeez type shoes. They are little leather slippers with elastic around the top that Stella can wear over her socks so HER DAMN SOCKS WILL STOP FALLING OFF. Low and behold, they work!! And they are cute as heck! And while there, I also picked up that baby Beatles t-shirt I have been lusting after for months...on clearance for $4. YES!
6. Got home around 6pm and answered a call from Mom "Ummm, I have a Grandpa over here who has not seen a certain Grandchild in 2 days. Can we come over?" I love it! So they get ready to walk over and I am running around, tidying up, when I open the door to the mud room/laundry room and HELLO! Flooded. DAMN!
7. Instead of Grandpa getting Stella-time, he helped Toby snake drains and check out pipes and pour drano chemicals for 3 hours. God love him. Nothing worked so we need to call a plumber. But Dad said that the shredded bbq is just a coincidence and it's not my fault. I love my Dad.
8. Still have a cold so I slept with 2 rolled up tissues stuck up my nostrils. Sexy Mama!
9. 9am this morning - call a plumber and they are going to work us in today. Came into work and have been NOT working ever since....
10. Will give an update on the pipes as soon as they figure out what is wrong.
***ETA: Mom just called. The plumbers were there for over an hour. He told Mom "Ma'am, they had quite the clog!" Apparently they used 50 ft snake and that didn't get it out so they had to use some high powered blower outer thingee which finally loosened it. That COULDN'T have been the BBQ could it???? Oh well, atleast it's gone and we're free flowing again.
11. JJ - When is Molly getting here?!?!?!?!?
2 comments:
Clogged pipes are the worse - my kitchen sink at our old house had problems all the time! Yuck -
Hope your windows cut back on the cold air!
I'm jealous of your new windows.
If Molly minds her mother she'll be here in less than the month we have left. But if she's anything like her parents, she'll be late.
Thanks again for all the fun clothes, we officially sorted everything this week. She's coming soon!
JJ
Post a Comment