Tuesday, October 31, 2006

That was some expensive beer.

It's days like today that make me wonder why the hell I went to college.

Maybe it was for the parties? The beer? Granted, I certainly wouldn't trade my LMC friends for the world. But my time at school certainly wasn't for any career advancement.

Today, I had to do someone else's job because apparently she thinks she's too good to do it...and when asked to do it, she simply says "no." Must be nice. So, I stuffed boxes. I stuffed each box with 6 different little booklets. Each booklet was about a different facet of Organizational Development. And then I had to unwrap individual mailing boxes that fit the OD boxes. Then I had to put the mailing box together, put the OD box inside, place a letter on top, put a mailing label on the outside and send to the mailroom. Repeat 50 times. I know that 50 is not that big of a number - but it took me all day long.

I am damn glad I pay $140.29 a month in student loans. And will continue to do so until I am 55. (I am not exaggerating.)

So, in 2 minutes I will wipe clean any thought of this place and I will go home and dress up my little bumble bee and hand out candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I so need a blog.

Let's see, my loans are about $170/month and I send out FedEx packages. Call to get the coffee machine repaired. And look for jobs.


Erika