The weekend didn't go quite as planned with all the parties. We WENT to all of them; but I didn't really plan on Stella being a big grump, causing us to leave early WITHOUT any cake. Out of 4 dang parties, I got no cake! (Actually, my aunt Nancy sent some home with Mom for me so I guess I can't complain. But I didn't get any cake IN THE MOMENT of the party and that makes it less fun.)
Heath and Julie came over on Friday night which was nice - it was our first time hosting friends. Heath and Toby hung out in the garage and drank beer. I guess the garage is the new front porch. Julie and I chatted in the house. I tried for hours to put Stella down to sleep but she was not having it - she didn't want to miss anything. We had company!
On Saturday, Toby's mom, her boyfriend Eric, Toby's sister Kim, and her daughter Kendall came to visit and see the place. They loved it. I put on some Beastie Boys and Kendall danced in the living room. She is such a ham.
I went to Wal-Mart that night to get the weekly grocery trip over with... Wal-Mart on Brook Road is always a "treat" - for those of you who live here, you know what I mean.
On Sunday, we went to our first party at 12:30. It was nice to see Dad's side of the family and it was like Christmas all over again for Jacob and Cayden (they aren't twins - they are actually cousins born 2 days apart...) They were drowning in gifts.
We left there and headed home for the neighborhood parties. We made it to the first one and were there for about 3 minutes when Stella started wailing. I thought she was hungry so we bailed on the neighborhood parties and booked it home to eat. I made her a bottle but she wasn't interested. She just fussed and fussed.... Just being a grump.
Dad and I loaded up AGAIN and hit the road for Jacob's birthday party. A house full of 7 year old boys (and a few girls) makes for a hectic time!! It was nice to chat with the aunts and friends....but Stella just wasn't herself again. We were there for a little over an hour when we had to bail on this event too. She was just NOT happy. She got worse on the car ride home and worked herself up into a screaming, snubbing, boogery mess. Dad was with me and helped me get her in the house and out of the car seat and I fixed her a bottle (thinking she was hungry again since she didn't eat the first bottle...) and she just kept screaming and screaming so I laid her on the floor on her blanket and said "Maybe it's her pants" (knowing for sure it wasn't) so I grabbed the bottom of her pants and yanked them off and...........
Happy Baby. She instantly started smiling and cooing and laughing and rolling around. It was like a new child.
What a little turd. :)
She was wearing some army green khaki pants. Nothing crazy. But I guess they were too confining. And come to think of it, she did this once before a couple months ago when I took her to visit work and she fussed the whole time and I had to skip out on lunch...I got her home and took off her denim skirt and she stopped fussing.
From now on it's "Hanes Her Way" sweatpants for her - esp if we have events to attend that I don't want to leave early!!
For all of you new parents and parents-to-be: When in doubt, take off the pants.
3 comments:
A party with no cake is no party at all. Preach on, sister.
It gets so much easier when they can TALK and tell you what's bothering them, but even then it doesn't always make sense.
I refuse to go into that Wal-Mart. It's too scary. So I hit Forest Hill on the way home or go to Short Pump. I wonder when the one at Regency is going to open??
There's going to be a Wal-Mart at REGENCY!?!?!? There is a God. :)
Post a Comment