Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Procrastination

I just spent quite a few minutes editing this blog and adding fancy fonts and colors and pictures. (Blogger has added a lot of new features so hopefully I'll be able to include more pictures in my blogs and not have the issues I had before.) I have no business playing around online as I have plenty of real work to do. But I feel anxious and stressed today and I'd rather zone out on Blogger instead of working on Game Plan for my department. So, there.

We closed on our South Ridge house last night at 4pm. The ONLY reason that even happened was because my Mother-In-Law is a ball buster and she called our buyer's lender and threatened lives if someone didn't fix the mess immediately. (She's big in the mortgage industry and knows everyone...and it certainly worked in our favor.) If it was not for her, we might still be UN-closed this time next week! So, we hope to close on our new house today. But I still do not know what time because NO ONE BOTHERS TO CALL ME. Toby has a job that he can't just get up and go run an errand. But this HAS to be done today. The sellers (who are nice as can be) are getting frustrated because they need their money ASAP and I'm frustrated because I want this done and I'm sick of trying to smooth things over with the sellers and trying to explain to Toby that "yes, this is important that we get this done" and blah blah blah. It's just a mess and I will never move again. Do you hear me? Never. Again. (And if I try to start talking about moving again, someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat.)

Miss Stella is teething. This is not fun. Poor baby. Poor parents. She gets really upset at nighttime - usually between 6pm and 8pm. On Monday night, I thought her head would explode off her body from all of the screaming. The next day I bought some Baby Oragel - Nighttime Remedy with EXTRA pain reliever. So far, this stuff is worth more than gold.

Other than the teething, she is a happy, happy baby who smiles all the time and is starting to laugh outloud and coo and "talk" to us. The Granny Nanny (Sandie) and Grandpa (Wayne) have taught her to make raspberries/blow bubbles with her lips. She imitates me and Toby when we "air kiss" her. I'm convinced. She's a genius.

In OTHER baby news (as if there is such a thing - haha!)

My friends JJ and Erica are having a girl! Molly June. I adore that name and I adore them and I know they are going to be amazing parents and I wish they lived closer so I could play with them and Stella could play with Molly.

But it's ok. It will just make their Richmond Visits even more special.

Ok. Game Plan calls. And the Closing Lawyers have not - so I guess I need to harass them. Again. I love paying people to NOT do their jobs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out! :)

I love the Stella pic and what you did with your blog. Looking forward to seeing you all around Thanksgiving!