Thursday, April 06, 2006

Burnin' down the house

It's 5:14 pm on Thursday, April 6 and MY CHEST IS BURNING OFF OF MY BODY.

Sigh.

I had my long-awaited appt with the GI Specialist yesterday. It actually went very well. He seemed to listen to me and was very understanding and felt sorry for me. :) He should!! He said that he would convince my OB that I needed the "real deal" medicine for the severe acid reflux, heartburn, etc because I had a bad case. No joke, brother! So he called my OB and they discussed it and it was determined that YES I can take the meds! (Which are totally baby-safe, by the way. OBs just don't like to prescribe much medication if they don't have to. The specialist convinced him he had to. Thank goodness.) The specialist told me that in a week, I will feel like a new person and my quality of life will improve 100%. I hope he is right! I wanted to hug him; but I held myself back. But I might send him a thank you card.

I started the new med (Aciphex) this morning. I only take one a day - as opposed to the "3 a day immediately after meals" Reglan that I was taking. I think my body is just going to have to build up the Aciphex before I start feeling really good. I can tell that I feel better today....but not great. Atleast I don't feel gaggy and like I'm going to throw up in my car on the way home! And that's a nice, new feeling!!

But the burn! Ouch!!!

No comments: