Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just call me Gaggy McSickerson. STILL!!

Just a quick update on my gagging condition...

The first two days of taking the Aciphex were ok...I was hopeful! But I went downhill on Saturday and was sick all day long. My Mom told me on Friday that my brother and the band would be coming through Richmond for just a few hours on their way to Florida so I met my family for lunch but that was less than pleasant (not the company; just the gags.) I got sick at the restaurant and then sick again at Mom and Dad's house when we stopped by.... Ugh. I went home and got in the bed and stayed there until Sunday.

Sunday was better but not good. I had lunch with Toby's aunt and then she came back to the house and we chatted for a bit...and I was trying to be sociable (because I wanted to be!) but it was hard.

On Monday I called the GI Specialist back and told him what was going on and he put me on a new regime of medicine:

1 Aciphex in the AM, 30 minutes before I eat
Some yummy (ha) syrupy medicine called Carafate 4 times a day
1 Zantac at 4 or 5pm, when I start to feel bad

All this and I'm still not getting better. It's Wednesday so I'm going to give it a week. The GI Specialist wants to hear from me on Monday.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that my only cure will be giving birth. I believe that my organs are all getting smooshed up in my short torso; and I'm sure my bad posture doesn't help. As Stella gets bigger, this is only going to get horribly worse, I'm afraid. I mean, I could DEAL with heartburn. It's the gagging and throwing up that has me house bound.

Sigh. Oh well. I'll forget all this when I see her little face. Right? :)

No comments: