SOMEBODY TAKE THE HONEY TEDDY GRAHAMS AWAY FROM ME!
I just made the mistake of going downstairs to the Company Store because I was hungry and I bought a bag of Teddy Grahams. I can not do that ever again. I have about polished off half the dang bag!! Grrrr. I think I need to eat something substancial around 10am when the fruit smoothie wears off....and I need to be more prepared with healthy foods and not run towards JUNK. I'll let today slide but I can't let this happen again. I'm sure in about 30 minutes, I'll feel like crap and wonder what happened? Ugh.
Things are going well. Less sickness episodes - which is always good. I'm learning to control it more...and maybe I'm just learning to deal with it better? I do get puny around bedtime (8pm these days...) so I end up laying down pretty early. I'm always like a new woman the next day. The long sleep really helps my body to recover. No wonder I sleep so much. Better get it in now, I say!
Toby broke his hand last week. He hurt it really bad at work (dropped a generator on it) but didn't break it. Then he fell in the Home Depot parking lot and broke it the rest of the way. He has a removeable cast which he removes way more than he should, I'm sure. But he's a trooper with a freakishly high pain tolerance. He has not missed a beat at work or at home. It's like nothing ever happened. Except I get to do all the dishes. :) But it's ok - he did the dishes for months when I was busy puking.
Speaking of dishes, I got home from my parents' house last night and in our kitchen is a brand new stainless steel KitchenAid dishwasher! Toby got it from work for only $150..... it was not the right one that had been ordered for the $2 million model home he is working on. In order to return it, there is a $150 deductible so the Super just let Toby have it for that price. We've been wanting a dishwasher forever but just didn't have the extra funds. He has to knock out a cabinet to put it in - and I bet that will be done by this evening because he is so excited! This dishwasher is going to be a lifesaver when it comes to baby bottles!!!
Ugh. I'm so tired. I just want to go home and sit and do nothing. Not like I have been doing SO MUCH that I feel I deserve a rest. I'm just physically exhausted. And sitting here at work with nothing to do makes it much worse. My boss is out for 3 days so I'm not busy. And I'm glad. In my current condition, I do not want any additional responsibility since I don't know which days will be good or bad.... But it's hard to be so slow too.
When I get back from leave, I can get back to my old self and take on more work and volunteer for projects and get more involved...but right now - I just can't. But that doesn't make it any easier to deal with........
Whatever!! I think I'm going to go outside and run an errand for lunchtime. Lord knows I ate enough Teddy Grahams to hold me over for ahwhile.
1 comment:
That's so cool about the dishwasher! So glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment