Monday, April 17, 2006

Is it bad if I beat someone up on Easter Monday?

Today just kind of sucked.

It's 5:10 pm and I feel like I have just been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. That is SUCH a lovely image.

First, my boss likes to schedule meetings and then just blows them off and I am stuck receiving the flack from those he ditched. Like I have any control over this human being. I know it's frustrating. Hell, it's frustrating for me too... but what can I do? Do I bust into a VPs office or interupt his lunch with a SENIOR VP? No. I don't. Sorry.

Second, there is this person at work is on my "difficult people" list in life. And by "difficult people" I mean "I hate her." I made a dumb mistake earlier and by dumb I mean NOT A BIG DEAL. Really. I'm not sticking up for myself - if I make a doozy, I'll admit it. But this mistake was something she could have totally just overlooked, took 3 extra seconds to fix what I did, and move on with life. You know, like I do EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. for other people, including her.

She instead chose to just send me a scathing e-mail lecturing me about "policy" and "procedure" and how I have made this mistake three times.

Really? Have I? Well, DON'T MAKE ME LIST THE MISTAKES YOU MAKE because we'll be here all day, lady!

I am proud to say that I hit the delete button instead of writing back what I really wanted to...and what will probably come out of my mouth before too long..........

In other news, Easter was very nice. We made our family rounds. First to Toby's grandparents' house - where my energy was drained from my body - and I don't have much to begin with.

See, his grandmother has a bad hip and needs a replacement...which I'm sure is just awful. HOWEVER, I firmly believe the outlook you have on life and your ATTITUDE totally plays a part in your health - and no wonder she is so "down." She is so incredibly negative. She is just waiting to die and it's all she talks about. From the looks of her and from the sounds of her, you would think she is in the final stages of death from AIDS or another horrific terminal disease. I don't really know how to deal with her because all she does is moan and cry about how she's dying and everyone around her is dying. And Toby CONTINUALLY leaves me alone with her while he goes in the yard with his Dad and Papaw and Uncles because none of THEM can be with her too long either. UGH! It's so sad and I wish I could change it...but unfortunately, SHE is the only one who can change it and I don't see that happening very soon. I kind of think she LIKES the attention. Let's just say there is a history of drama in that Fam.

After that LOOOONG visit, we went to my Mimi's house and then to my Nanny's house which were both MUCH more upbeat and lively. :) Lots of kids and egg hunts and food.

When we got home, Toby and I sat on the front porch and talked and watched the storm coming for a couple hours. It was nice to unwind from all of the visiting.

And in other news, I am feeling better!! I have not been sick since last Wednesday. The new medicine cocktail must be finally working!! I was scared to talk about it until now for fear of jinxing myself....but maybe now it's time to realize that I AM feeling better and I can sort of get back to life. Like if my boss will ever come out of his office, I can tell him I'm leaving to go to the GROCERY STORE! (Haven't done that in forever - and it's one of my favorite places!)

I'm easily pleased.

No comments: