Friday, March 31, 2006

Minor Irritants

1. The fact that the 3rd entry on this page has wrapped itself around the last picture in my 2nd entry and I can't figure out how to MAKE IT STOP is extremely irritating to me. Extremely.

2. Why do I always have "issues" with the cleaning person at work? Why? I'm quiet and nice and I say hi and thank you when they pick up my trash. Anyone remember GLORIA? (Stop laughing, Leslie.) This was my cleaning lady at my old building who would leave me post it notes on my computer to the tune of: "I borrowed your __________. I'll bring it back." One day, that blank was filled with NAIL CLIPPERS. I told her she could keep them. And actually, don't take shit off my desk!!! I won't even go into the "Oprah Magazine Fiasco." Well now at my new building, I have another fun individual who does not "borrow" things off my desk; but she NEVER SHUTS UP. And by never shuts up, I mean nevershutsupever. Here is an example conversation:
Her: Good Morning!
Me: Good Morning.
Her: Whew it's a pretty day outside. We need to be off and outside because it's a pretty day. Shoo it is so pretty.
Me: Yes it is.
Her: So so pretty. Days like this we need to be off.
Me: (Stares at computer like working really really hard.)
Her: So pretty it is. When I go out on the loading dock, I stay there as long as I can because it is just PRETTY!

Me: (Picks up phone and listens to dial tone.)
Her: Don't you think it's nice outside?
Me: MmmHmm
Her: I would like to be off today.
Me: You and everyone else in the building.
Her: Yeah me and everyone else who works for a living. Except people who work on the weekends too (and this goes into a rant about jobs on the weekend...........)
Me: Excuse me
...And I get up and go sit in the bathroom to let my boiling blood simmer down before my head explodes.
I am so grateful that she keeps my trash can from overflowing. I truly am. But please, SHUT THE HELL UP!!

3. People who I do not work for delegating their grunt work to me. And these are people are NOT superiors but think they are and that makes me want to shoot lazer beams out of my eyeballs at them. That's all I'll say about that one.

4. Pregnancy side-effects:
- The fact that I can't even eat 5 peach slices in the AM without getting sick.
- And that my nasal passages have shrunk to the circumference of toothpicks and I feel like I am suffocating all the time.
- My gums bleeding when I'm just sitting here. Gum disease, anyone?
- My thighs starting fires as they rub together like never before.
- My giant upper arms thinking they have a baby in each of them.
- I have never broken out this bad; and that includes high school.
- Double - I mean, quadruple - Chins
- And other unmentionables...............

But even though I am irritated today, I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize. But it sure does help to write stuff down! There's more irritating things in my life that I should write about on paper and keep to myself. Even though this is MY blog, I don't need to make public ALL of my irritants. But if you call me, I'll tell you. Ha!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Who me? Laugh? I haven't seen Gloria in a while. But I sure do remember her!! ACK!

Those side effects are definitely normal in their own way. The gums will get better, I promise...about the 3rd month post partum when your hair begins to fall out. Having babies is NOT for wimps!