An update is needed badly on this page! Granted, the announcement of Stella has been the biggest event in our lives lately; but there has been some other stuff going on too. As the time of birth draws near, things are getting busier. And only will get more crazy, I'm sure.
I went to the Motion City show in Norfolk on March 17 which was incredible. It my first time seeing them headline - and what a difference. They had the 2 hour time slot, the light show, all the effects, the screaming fans - it was just wild to witness! The band was incredibly professional and polished. I ALMOST cried. It was just an amazing night. After the show, it took us over an hour to leave because Matt was bombarded by fans for pictures and autographs. Being pregnant and sick and weak and tired and feeling like death was knocking on my door, I was still in awe at the fans wanting MY BROTHER'S autograph and patiently waited for them to hurry up so I can go sit down in the damn car! :) I did not make the other 2 concerts that weekend, which was upsetting, but I just could not physically do it. Atleast I got to see one show.
The day after the big Ultrasound, I got really sick again and that lasted for about a week and a half. It was not quite like "morning sickness" but more like acid reflux. (Like my friend Linda said "the mini throw-ups" that turned into the real thing.) Sorry for the graphic images, people. It was pretty darn miserable. I made an appt with a Gastro-Intestinal Specialist for April 5. In the past few days, this sickness has eased up some. I still have moments but it has definitely gotten better. I'm still keeping my GI appointment...so maybe he can help me with those "moments"...but overall, I'm better. I just think I'm going to feel like shit until I give birth. It's just a fact of this pregnancy. Thanks a lot, Miss Stella!
Mom and Dad came over last weekend and painted the nursery for us. It is a green color called Palmetto and I LOVE IT. It will look great with the "blossoms" theme I have picked out. My Dad is such an amazing painter - he did all the detail work and Mom did the rolling. I supervised. :) I am so thankful for them and all they do to help me all the time. I wonder if I will be that selfless with Stella? I hope to be...but I just think my parents are unique and special. But anyway, we also started to put the crib together only to realize that half the hardware pieces are missing. DANG! So I have faxed the company for replacements and we'll see how that goes! Of course that part would not be easy. OF COURSE!
Toby did some work at his Dad's house and has also been working hard on our house. He put up a tile backsplash in the kitchen that looks amazing for a first-time tiling job. He and his uncle Greg floored the attic and all the junk went up there. We have been able to organize the house more to get ready for Stella. We do have more room without the 2 litter boxes taking up the utility room. It's all coming together. Now if I could just get him to do something with that MOUNTAIN of laundry in his bathroom because I'm not touching it.
The cats are doing well. Their new Moms have both kept me updated through e-mails. I'm so thankful for that. Not sure if Easter's mom is "lying" to me to protect me....she has not mentioned poop....but she can protect me all she wants! What I don't know won't make me cry! I don't know when I'll go visit Easter, if ever. I just don't want to set myself back in my recovery - and worse, set HER back in her new home. We'll have to play this one by ear. In the meantime, I am enjoying my e-mail updates.
I am 98% sure I have chosen a daycare for Stella. It's Minnieland on Huguenot Road and I went by this morning and really liked them a lot. Kendall (my niece) goes there and is doing really well and all of the ladies there were so nice. It's also one of the "cheaper" ones (at $185 a week) but I got the best feeling there as opposed to some of the more expensive ones. That's nice, for once!
Toby and I are both in the process of selling both of our vehicles and we are going to get older, reliable vehicles to lower our monthly payments to offset this new expense of daycare. Otherwise, I don't know where the hell that money would come from. I know it's going to work out in the end, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and trying not to panic.
What really makes me want to panic is that I've been looking at a couple MINI-VANS.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Great update! Post photos of the nursery in progress, I want to see!
Re: minivans...they make life so much easier. That's why you see so many of them! I'd love to have one, I'm just not ready to take on a car payment having just bought a house. But that will be our next auto purchase, I promise you.
Post a Comment