We've had a really great 4-day weekend for the 4th of July...and what did we do?
NOTHING.
THAT'S why it has been so good! For once, we did nothing unless WE wanted to. We didn't do anything for anyone else. We didn't feel guilted into showing up somewhere. We laid around. Piddled around the house. Cleaned some. Went to Target. Bought a couple books. Took naps. Listened to my body's energy level (which is still low) and didn't force it to go anything it didn't want to do.
And it was lovely.
Our only "drama" is about Abby, the dog. Toby is at the emergency vet (hello $$$$) right now with her...she's got some kind of break-out on her skin and she's shaking and convulsing. So, OF COURSE every time we get a TAD bit ahead, something eats away our money. And this would be it. But it's OK. That dog is his LIFE so any money to fix her is worth it. But DAAAMMMNNN!
I'm heading to Mom and Dad's house in a minute for the family pool party. :) Should be wonderful. Toby is going to stay here with Abby. I probably won't stay at M and D's long because I'd like to get home and mentally prepare for heading back to work tomorrow.
I know I am weird.
Tomorrow I need to crack down and get a menu plan going for the week - and coming weeks. We've been eating "for convenience" lately which involves a lot of leftovers and frozen foods. I have not been eating very many vegetables - although I'm doing well with fruit. I just need to GET IT IN GEAR ALREADY. I am also taking my workout pants and shoes to work tomorrow and will find 30 minutes to go walk. Even if it's at 1.2 speed and no incline. I need to get back into some sort of activity. I think I'll get Dad to blow up my Exercise Ball today when I am over there. He's got the air compressor - so I don't have to sit here for 10 years trying to blow it up with that crappy little THING they include in the box - know what I'm talking about? Geez!!
Anyway, I need to get back to health. For me. For Toby. For US and our FUTURE. Some of this is out of my control right now. And some of it is not - and THAT is the part that I need to do something about.
Happy 4th, ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment