Friday, July 29, 2005

Did not Equinox. Yet.

I went to the dealership last night and can I just say:

I LOVE THE EQUINOX!

I test drove it and it drives like a dream. Like I was floating on a cloud. It's MUCH bigger than what I am used to; but I know I would get used to it soon. It's great to be up high and actually SEE the road! It's wonderful.

HOWEVER, they wanted to give me poop for my trade-in. Thus making my pay-off amount (the deficit) on my Eclipse astronomical!!

So, I have decided to sell my car myself. The dealership wanted to give me only 5K for my 2002 Eclipse with 38K miles! NO! I looked on the internet and these cars are selling for 8 and 9K...SO, I am going to start advertising and sell it myself and deal with that first. I'll take out a small personal loan at my Credit Union to pay off whatever deficit is left....

THEN, I will go back to the dealership and buy the Equinox on my own as a separate transaction; with no trade-in or negative equity to mess with. THUS ENDING THE SNOWBALL CYCLE! That feels good to say that.

Granted, I won't get the "Employee Discount" that ends on Monday but the extra money I will make selling it myself will make up for it. And hopefully I can negotiate the list price down some. But honestly (don't tell the dealer this) I think the base price for the Equinox is TOTALLY affordable for what it is. Did I mention that I love it?

So, I'm pleased with this car plan! I feel peace. Finally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But does it jump over curbs? That my friend is the real question here.

Anonymous said...

Oh lord. Let me see. Who could THIS post be from? And yes, I think it would drive over curbs nicely.

Anonymous said...

That comment was so not from me. But I'm sure we can narrow the list down to only 4 or 5 other people. Come out come out WHOever you are...haha!