So, my brother visited last weekend and it was nice. I took off work last Friday and picked him up from the airport. We then went shopping. He is FANTASTIC to shop with - he's one of them "metro-sexuals" and actually enjoys clothes and shoes and smelly body products. My husband, on the other hand, would rather poke his own eye out with a dull pencil than go shopping. But sometimes he'll offer to go with me...which is nice...and bless his heart...but...it's not really fun to go to Kohl's with the mission of finding new pants (we all know what a feat that is...) and have your husband stand there and stare at you and tap his foot and look around and sigh and subconsciously let you know that he is MISERABLE. I usually look for about 2 minutes and then offer to just come back myself some other time. It's sweet that he offers but really, I like to ENJOY my shopping. Not feel rushed. I have no problems roaming a store for 3 hours... and neither does Matt!!! I love that boy.
When he was home, I purchased his "old" digital camera - which is actually a very nice, rather expensive Canon Powershot S400. He wants something newer and better. I feel like I got the deal of the century. I've had fun this week playing with it and learning how it works...I plan to become a full-out picture whore! And this leads me to my new hobby....(not the whore part)...
SCRAPBOOKING!!
I am attending my first ever "Christmas in July" all-day scrapbooking workshop hosted by some Creative Memories sales women in the area. I'm going with my cousin Jenn (who introduced me to this hobby.) It's my understanding that it's just a group of women who meet (this time we're meeting at a church) and set up their stuff and sit and scrap all day! But you get to share supplies and they sell supplies there and they give away door prizes. I'm so stoked! Does this mean I am officially a geek?
The Dottie's Weight Loss Zone Twenties Challenge is well-underway and everyone is doing SO WELL! I'm really proud of all of us. Here is the food journal that I am keeping on the DWLZ site...we all post in each other's journals and offer support, encouragement, and/or a kick in the pants if needed. So you can actually look at that journal and see what I have been eating and how much I have been exercising...and then give me YOUR opinion as to why I keep gaining weight. :) Yes, I am still harping on this issue and will continue to do so until I get some answers... But anyway, I'm eating healthy and really proud of myself since I'm not getting any PHYSICAL results from my actions.
Here are my fellow challengers. Aren't we beautiful?

We meet up again on November 12 in Richmond and I need to get started on planning a fun and affordable weekend for all of us. Any suggestions?
It's now 4:41 pm and I'm ready to head home. I have an exciting night of cleaning, dishes, and organizing scrapbook supplies ahead of me. And maybe cleaning up some cat poop. But I am the lucky one that gets to do that EVERY NIGHT! (Shout out to Ms. Easter)
So, I feel good about this update. See you next week! (If not before, now that I feel like I got my Blogspot mojo back.)
Safe weekends, everyone. Especially you, Liv and Mike.
No comments:
Post a Comment