Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Another day, Another Co-Pay

Just got back from the lovely Hanover Family Physicians and saw my new best friend Dr. Petrizzi. He must have been on a tight schedule because it was the most rushed I have ever felt. I mean like REALLY rushed.

I had printed out the list of Hypothyroid symptoms that Wennie posted on the 20's - and had written in specific examples of each and how I was being affected. At the top it said SYMPTOMS OF HYPOTHYROIDISM and I prefaced showing him the list with "Not that I think I have this because I know my test came back normal..." and he glanced at my paper (never even read it) and he said "Have we tested your thyroid?" and I was like "Well I sure as hell hope so!"

I mean, our last appt was spent DISCUSSING the thyroid and that is when he ordered the blood tests and came back with prolactin levels wacky and I had the MRI...but since they never MENTIONED thyroid specifically in my results (just the prolactin), I just thought it was normal because I was almost positive that he was going to test it! So he looks at his computer and says they have not tested my thyroid since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My OBGYN did test it last year some time and it was normal (and this was also BEFORE I came off the Depo which is rumoured to be linked to thyroid problems....) However, my PCP hasn't tested it in years even though I was under the impression he had. GEEZ. Miscommunication sucks. So, I got more blood work done today and should hear something by Friday. Oh goodie! MORE waiting for results.

Regardless, I am going to an endocrinologist as soon as I hear the results and I am not counting on them being abnormal since nothing seems to be coming back abnormal. That would be too easy.

He did say that "SOMETHING is cranking on my endocrine system." (direct quote)

Please continue to keep me in your prayers that I get an answer soon because at this rate, I'll be 300 lbs by Christmas.

No comments: