So, yeah, it's Tuesday. But I wanted to write about my weekend and time keeps slipping away because I keep going to the Television Without Pity site and getting sucked into their reviews. You didn't think I was actually working did you?
Just Kidding, P-Mo Police.
Anyway, I already posted that I went to the Doctor on Friday morning and had tests done and blah blah blah - still haven't gotten those results back...but anyway, I went to the Dr. to check on hormone issues so you can draw your own conclusions as to how EMOTIONAL I have been lately. (Ex: I cried at a woman winning concert tickets on the radio this morning.)
Friday at work was fine. I call Toby at 4pm just to see what he's doing and secretly hope he would say something like "Honey, I love you so much and I am so glad we are married and that we'll be together forever. Let's just celebrate life and go out to eat and have wonderful conversations and connect." Instead I hear:
"I'm siiiiiiiiick" cough, gag, spew.
So I hung up and started crying. I was not emotionally stable enough to deal with the return of the GMB. But I went home and ate some dinner that Toby had fixed and he layed on the couch and slept. As the night went on, and the more useless TV I watched, I decided I wanted ice cream and magazines. So I headed outside for a trip to Wal-Mart when I nearly trip over Toby's cat Katie on the front porch. She was inside/outside but since Easter's arrival (and Katie's need to pee on everything) she has become an outdoor cat. I noticed a few weeks ago that her eyes looked all gooky and funky, but Toby told me that she has bad allergies and does this every year. So, like an ASSHOLE, I just let it go and didn't look into it.
Well, after I save myself from tripping over this cat, I look her in the face and
OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!! I drop my purse and scream. Heath is over on his porch and I scoop her up and run her over there to get a second opinion. He screams "HER EYEBALL IS FALLING OUT OF HER HEAD!!!"
So we stand there in the yard, me holding the cat out at arm's length, trying to figure out what the hell to do.
Her eye was NOT falling out of her head, but there was a growth on her eyball that made it look that way. It was heinous, to put it nicely. She was purring and acting fine...so I put her down and she circled us as we stood there trying to come up with a plan. GMB was asleep on the couch and when he's sick and asleep, I don't like to disturb him.
I decided to wait until the next day when I would get her to the vet first thing in the morning. She didn't seem like she was in pain or anything so I figured waiting a few more hours would be ok. (And would definitely help my pocketbook since emergency vet visits cause you to have to refinance your house to pay for them.)
I took her first thing on Saturday and the Dr. said that, first of all, she was very sick with allergies and conjunctiveitis (how the heck do you spell that?) and that she was really dehydrated. I felt like I should have been wearing a "I am a horrible cat mother" t-shirt. She then said that her eye "globe" has ruptured because of infection and that they would have to take the eye out. Holy crap.
So, fast forward to today (Tuesday) and her eye surgery should be over by now. Toby is going to pick her up after work and we are going to start calling her Wink. She is now an indoor cat and Easter is just going to have to deal. Fun times at home.
After the Vet trip in the morning, I went to Carytown to get my hair cut again! Actually, I just wanted a little more off and didn't want to wait 6 weeks. After the cut, I got a delicious iced thai coffee and went to Hecht's to take advantage of the awesome sales. I need some business clothes so I can stop looking like I am 12 at work.
The whole time I was out running errands, I was dreaming of Mexican food and a margarita - so that's what i insisted on when I got home. :) Toby didn't put up much of a fight. (And by the way, he was feeling much better than the night before.)
After we got home, I was SO STUFFED FULL OF BAD-FOR-ME FOOD that I layed on the bed and read some more of my magazines. Heath and Julie came over and I sat with them for awhile but I can't hang anymore. I love my sleep. Toby stayed up with them, until 2am to be exact.
I got up the next morning and went to church in Mechanicsville at New Hanover (see my Uncle Dewey entry) and then out to lunch with Diane (Uncle Dewey's wife), her Mom Shirley, her daughter Sarah, her neices Linda and Christy...and we met my parents out. It was so nice!! It was a long lunch full of stories and laughter. I didn't get home until almost 4pm.
For some reason, I was especially emotional. Toby and I have been great; but not quite "connected" and I don't really know how to put that into words but I bet you married people will "get it." It's been about a month of "not connecting" so I've been kind of down/depressed/hopeful/let-down by that for awhile. Plus going to church is emotional for me; especially sitting with the Ellets - who just lost such an amazing person. Plus the cat is losing it's eyeball and I feel guilty. Plus I'm getting fatter. Plus I'm poor. Plus the dog hair problem in the house is INCESSANT... You get the idea.
Then the thing that sends me over the edge: EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER.
Ummm, did anyone else see it on Sunday? GOOD GRIEF. I didn't think I could get that upset over people I don't even know. It was about a young couple who were married a few years ago, they had 3 boys (under the age of 3) and the Mom (age 28) just died of Leukemia. I was a MESS. I love that show. It does such GOOD for people in need. Sometimes a heartwarming cry is the most crippling to me. If that makes any sense - which lately, I don't count on ANYTHING I say making sense!
So, later on, Toby and I had some good talks and we reached a new level, I think. It's like we've been having tiny battles for the last month or so, but I feel like we WON the war. Or ONE of the wars we will encounter in our long married life. :) As hard as they are to go through, the entire journey is pretty amazing when you look back at how much you learn...
So, even though it was a tough weekend, it had it's sunshiney moments. And I LOVE those.
1 comment:
You have such a good outlook on life. Hormonal or not, you're still seeing the Big Picture, which is awesome. Sorry to hear about Katie Cat, how's she doing?
Post a Comment