Sunday, October 19, 2008

This weekend...

This weekend was great. After work on Friday, I had a Thirty-One party. This was only my 2nd in-home show and my presentation went MUCH better than the first time...but I learned a lot this time too and will incorporate it into the next show. I can tell it will get better/easier with practice. It was a great show as far as sales - and the orders are still coming in, so that's wonderful... I had a nice time - the ladies are all so nice. I am actually enjoying THIS job.

We piddled around on Saturday and got stuff done in and around the house. We were actually very productive! Productive enough to where I did not feel guilty taking a nap while Stella did. When she got up, this was the outfit she insisted on wearing.





We went to Toby's Mom's house at 5pm for dinner. That was really nice and YUM - she made spaghetti. I snapped a pic of Toby and Stella walking to the car... Check out the purse. It was a MUST. Inside was a golf ball and a string of gold mardi gras beads. Necessities, I tell ya!








After dinner, Mimi was sliding Stella back and forth on the dining room table and Stella was laughing so hard... Doesn't take much to entertain her, huh?








Sunday morning came too early - I slept like a LOG! It was such a cozy night with the heat on and the humidifier going and the flannel pjs. I love it when it starts turning cold... But anyway, we got up and had breakfast at River City Diner with Cece who was in town. I wish I had taken a picture while we were there - duh! But here is Stella getting strapped into Dada's Jeep. SHE wanted to take the jeep so OF COURSE we had too... Spoiled much?





And the BIG NEWS of the weekend!!

We went to get Stella out of her crib this morning and she was sideways with both legs through the crib slats. Time to do something. So I remember my friend Leslie offered the use of her Toddler Bed when we loaned her our Superyard for her baby Jack. So, I texted her and asked if I could take her up on her offer. She called later and said "Come and get it!" so we did.

It was ugly for awhile.... It gets ugly every flipping time we have to assemble something as Toby is INCREDIBLY impatient and starts yelling at me to do something and of course I do it wrong and he gets short with me and I get upset and say "Stop yelling at me!" and he says "I'm not yelling!" and you get the idea.... As soon as the last screw goes into whatever we are trying to build, we are back to normal. Maybe some of you can identify?! :)

So, finished product: STELLA'S NEW BIG GIRL BED!!





















A few minutes after all was said and done, I was in the kitchen and Toby was in the living room and Stella went running down the hall to her room and slammed the door. Toby walked down there and peaked in the door and she was lounging on the bed. He was like "What - is she 14 already? Running to her room and jumping on the bed. Does she have the phone with her?"

It's funny now, but she WILL be 14 before we know it..................

4 comments:

Melanie said...

The new bed is perfect for her! There's also more space to hide extra stuff under a bed :) She's cute. Is that a thirty-one pocket book she's carrying?! Have a great week (dispite the dread of going to the office).

Chris said...

How funny! I love her new big girl bed...it was time Steph!! LOL! Lindsay had a purse with her all day yesterday. It contained half of her tin tea set, a chapstick and a dollar bill. She was ready for anything! LOL! Our girls would be great friends!

MBKimmy said...

love all the pictures and yes the yelling is totally normal! well maybe we aren't normal but it happens at my house too!

MBKimmy said...

love all the pictures and yes the yelling is totally normal! well maybe we aren't normal but it happens at my house too!