Monday, December 31, 2007

Stella has an ear infection.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

All you can do is laugh.

Anyway, I am kind of recovering from the devestation of missing Christmas. But I will be deathly afraid of illness near the holidays for the rest of my life. I think next year I will rent one of those big tents they put over houses when they bomb them for insects...and just stay inside the entire month of December and come out on the 25th. That might work.

So, I was better by the 27th... And Stella was just not quite herself still. Just whiney and cranky - so I took her to the Doc for them to check her ears - and lo and behold, the beginnings of a mild ear infection. Go Mothering Insticts! But she also has 2 giant molars coming in on the bottom so the doc said THAT is probably the reason she is so fussy. We got some lovely antibiotics for the ear and some probiotics to counteract the crap. UGH. I'm so sick of this.

I have been off work since Dec 21. And about 95% of that has been stuck in the house. We might venture out to Target today...just for something to do. Maybe a swing by Starbucks. I might even get something sinful there - not my usual skim latte. (I always have to have a "Last Supper" kind of experience before I start eating healthy. It's just ONE of my sick rituals.)

Oh, I bought The Bean for my exercise room. I am excited about that.

So anyway, here are some Christmas pictures. This was the one event I was able to attend - it was on Christmas Eve at my house - with Zana, Kim, and Kendall (Toby's Mom, Sister, and Niece.) It was really really nice!

Dancing with Mimi


Da Da


Shy with Kendall


Gift Carnage


Exploration Station


Cousins


It's never too much Melmo


Poor Scooter could not get a moment's peace



And then on the night of the 26th, we had a "do-over" with my parents who spoiled us ROTTEN.

Mom and Dad


Dada


Mama and Stella - please excuse how BAAAAAAAADD I look. I was still in recovery.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Girl! Happy New Year! You need it! Sorry to hear about Stella's ears but glad you caught it early! Hope the next week things get better!

Leslie said...

Glad you caught Stella's ear infection early, but I bet its those pesky molars, too. They suck! I love how you've got your Christmas card displayed on your door...what are those red strips they're hanging on? Educate me!!!

Hope you're all feeling better!!!

Melanie said...

What's up girl! I can't believe that you got sick over Christmas and now Stella is ringing in the new year with an ear infection. I had them as a child and they aren't fun! I hope that you doing ok and feeling better!