Monday, January 07, 2008

Eight Days Into 2008....So far so good!

I am due for a BIG update. I just am amazed at how EVERY day gets away from me. I know I could be MUCH better about time managment in my personal life. But I"m just damn tired!! So, right now, it's "what happens, happens." As long as my family is sheltered, fed, bathed (atleast sometimes), and rested... I guess we're doing alright.

2008 is turning out to be a breath of fresh air, compared to 2007. Yes, we are only 8 days in...but my chest feels lighter. And that's a good thing.

New Years was VERY BORING - as that's how we roll. I LIKE BORING. We went to Friendly's with Toby's Uncle Greg and Aunt Donna. I had the best burger of my life followed by a big Peanut Butter and Chocolate concoction. It was a perfect "Last Supper" before the big R word. (resolution)

Mac n Cheese face; ordering ice cream - Is she my child or what?!


We returned to work and a normal schedule on Jan 2. Kind of good to be back... Same shit, different year. Who cares? As long as I get a paycheck, I really don't care anymore. I'm over the drama. My MIL gave me a wonderful iHome iPod docking station thingee that I took to work and it's now my best friend on my desk. I hope I am not bothering anyone with my Avenged Sevenfold.

I also started my Health Kick on Jan 1 and it's going great! I lost 1.6 lbs this week just from eating right. I still need to get my a$$ moving and get some exercise in. I ordered a BEAN ELITE WITH THE FLEX 10 and it arrived on Sunday. I plan to do my first strength training workout tonight while watching the Biggest Loser. (I love/hate that show. It's so incredibly unrealistic (who has 8 hours a day to work out?) but also inspiring at the same time.) I am journalling my food diary online. Finding support with others. And.........................

(Drumroll Please)

I SIGNED UP FOR THE MONUMENT 10K RACE! (WHICH I will be walking the hell out of....but anyways....)

Thanks to my friend Leslie (who bullied me. Just kidding!) I also signed up the for 10 Week Training Team to get ready for the race on April 5. I am so incredibly nervous about this but also incredibly excited. There's no way I can't lose weight and get fitter. It's GREAT.

In other news, last week as we (me, Toby, Stella) were walking home from Neh-Neh and Ba-Pa's house, Toby told Stella "I have a surprise for you and Mama!" He proceeded to walk upstairs and come down with a CAT.

A MOTHER-EFFING cat.

Sorry. But I was so mad. Like I bust out into tears and yelled "No! Take it back!! Now!!!!!!!!!!!!" (I am such a nice wife.)

See, the reasons I flipped my lid are:
-Cats poop and pee - and don't use the toilet
-Cat Hair gets EVERYWHERE and I am now in love with having an animal free house
-Cat Litter tracks all over the place
-Cat Food bags are heavy and I don't want to add them to my grocery list
-Vet bills. Enough said.

And the #1 reason I flipped is because REMEMBER EASTER?!?!?!

I don't want another cat after Easter. That was it for me. That was traumatic.

And the #2 reason I flipped is because IF I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF ONE MORE THING IN MY LIFE, MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE INTO A MILLION PIECES.

So.................

We have a cat. :(

I am SUCH a pushover. But Stella loves her and named her Sissy instantly. (I have an Aunt Cissy so I'm sure SHE is just honored as can be!) She cackles at Sissy and the most amazing part?? Sissy actually goes UP to Stella and lets her pet/hit her. She sits beside her and rubs on her. Now, Easter would have clawed Stella's eyeballs out in the first 10 seconds. It's truly incredible to watch. I am convinced this cat is a patient old lady reincarnated.

AND the cat food and litter and the purchasing and cleaning of such items are ALL on Toby. He agreed. All of the cat "stuff" is upstairs in his room where he gets ready in the mornings so I don't even have to look at it. Sissy spends most of her time up there. We let her down with us when we are home (so we can monitor any furniture scratching) but when we are not there or are all sleeping, upstairs she goes.

So far, this system works. I'll get back to you when the smell of cat pee and poop starts wafting down the stairs into the living room.....

Here are some pictures of the newest Creekmore. She is purdy.













So, a friend posted some pictures of some knit hats she bought for family members for Christmas and they were so incredibly cute, I went to buy one instantly...and then bought ANOTHER one I saw.

Can you guess what this is?





A HOSTESS CUPCAKE.

Now you CAN eat her up!!

I also bought a Green Apple Hat since anything edible and round is a "APPLE!!" I don't know if you can tell, but it has a stem, leaf, ladybug, and a worm (with googly eyes!) on top.







The lady did such an amazing job on these hats - and they were only $10 a piece. Please visit her site. I don't know her so she did not ask me to advertise for her...but I want to because I just love these hats.......

ETSY SITE

Stella is growing like a weed. I say that every time but it's the TRUTH! She probably has about 1209346530473987529435 words now. There's no way I can list them all. Let's just say - SHE IS A REPEATER.

Last night, I walked in the door and Toby said "Hi Ma!" and she said "Hi Ma!" Which cracked me up because I am MAMA, not Ma. She now says:

All Done!
All Gone!
More
Sissy (a million times a day)
Abby
Phone
Remote (the important things in life....)
Brush

She calls her sippy cup "Ma Molt" - I guess she's trying to say "My Milk" but she says "Ma Molt" even if it's just water or juice.

We started brushing our teeth. Speaking of teeth, she has 2 giant molars coming in now that just recently broke through. THANK GOD.

Brushing Teeth:




When she sees letters she automatically starts "singing" the ABC song. Even though it's just a bunch of "ACDBACDB" it's in a TUNE and you know what' she's doing. She also takes her finger and points to each letter as she's singing. She does this to the SONY logo on the bottom/front of the TV. We started singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. Knees and Toes!" and all she says is the "HEAAAAAAAAAD" part but she points to her knees and toes - too good to bend down and touch them. She also acts out the entire "Itsy Bitsy Spider" song and can do sign language for "Mama" "Dada" "Dog" "Eat" "Sign" and "Book."

HARVARD, here we come. On a FULL academic scholarship.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the toddler years are so much fun, all of the learning is amazing isn't it? Enjoy these days, you'll always remember them! I have got to see Stella really soon!! By the way,love the new kitty...

Chris said...

WOW! GO YOU on the fitness front. That is awesome that you signed up for that race. I wish you the best in 2008 with your weight loss goals! It's nice this year to not fret over that resolution. Mine starts six weeks after I give birth! I'm on the fab to 40 plan come August! :)
I don't blame you about the cat but she is a cutie. My cat pee'd on my Christmas tree skirt this year and we could never figure out why the house smelled like cat pee but we couldn't find it. NICE.
I can't wait to have a pet free house now and I never thought I'd say that. However, I only have two old fogey pets. Max I may have to KILL if he doesn't straighten up.

Love the hats. The hostess cupcake is awesome. I'm totally checking out her site soon!

Stella is just a doll. I SOOOOOOOO wish she and Lindsay could have a play date.

Catch up with you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I love baby signs, we started teaching Preston those several months ago, its much better that pointing, can you believe how much they talk now, finally we can understand what they are saying. Get the signs on video, that is what I did :) Courtney

MBKimmy said...

Signs on video huh?! I sign to her, but nothing yet!

Leslie said...

Races are addictive, particularly if your goal is to do it and finish, not time. We're going to have a blast!

You'll have to fill me in on the cleaning estimate...I'm pondering the same thing. ACK!