Friday, January 18, 2008

Yesterday and Today

It's been a little bit... sorry about that. I was busy doing EVERYTHING. Ugh!

Well, I was off yesterday and this is what I woke up to:



And then I went back inside to get Sleeping Beauty and all of her "friends" in the crib:



We had a great day at home. I was "forced" to take vacation (ha!) because Mom and Dad are at a work event at The Homestead. Lucky Dogs. I have been there once for a work event - NEVER could I afford it on my own.

I had a cleaning service come by yesterday to give me an estimate on deep cleaning once a month. I just can't do it. I don't like it, I'm not good at it, and I don't have time. So, I am willing to pay. Toby is TOTALLY against it, but I didn't tell him. And I probably won't! ha! He brought home a cat and didn't ask me. So, I'm bringing in a cleaning team. Surprise!!!

Later, I went in to check on Stella during her nap. (We have SUCCESSFULLY transitioned to just putting her in her crib WIDE AWAKE for "night night" and naps - and she'll play for a bit and then goes to sleep. It's a GIFT FROM GOD, people!) So anyway, after a long quiet spell, I went in to check, and this is what I found.




Could she BE any cuter?

When Toby got home around 4:30, I then scooted out for my Woman's Group and afterwards went by Linens and Things and got some curtains for the bathroom, a new bathmat, and some big-time drapes for the living room on MAJOR sale... I am anxious to get all of that stuff up today. Plus I HAVE TO GO TO THE GROCERY STORE because I have put it off forever.... and I need to go by A&N because they are closing all stores in Richmond and everything is 60% off and Toby needs work clothes. In addition to cleaning, laundry, getting ready for my Scrapbook Day on Sunday........

I need a wife.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Steph! Good to see that you actually got snow! The whole town freaked out in Raleigh, but nothing ever came :( I'm hoping we get some of that stuff this weeekend! Happy Scrapbooking!

Mandy said...

I often say that I need a wife to stay at home and get the things done I don't have time for...Jason thinks it is terribly funny.
By the way this is Mandylee from Dotti's. I have stopped posting there but am still reading.

Stella is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie, I just love to read your blog it is so funny. Your daughter is beautiful. I am on Dwlz to. You make me laugh alot when I am having a bad day thanks for the great laugh. I thought I was the only one that hated to clean lol.

Chris said...

Love this post. Stella is adorable in that last picture. I still try to rock Linds to sleep and eventually she just points to her crib and goes right in...gotta love it! We have good sleepers!