You know it's going to be a good day when on your ride to work you hear "Unskinny Bop" by Poison IMMEDIATELY followed by "If" by Janet Jackson. I choreographed the most awesome dance in my head to that song. In my own head, I am quite the dancer.
Here's an e-mail from my Mom (sent to me and Toby, Dad, Matt, and Kristen in Mexico.) As you can imagine, I nearly wet my pants laughing.
Hola Familia (did you like that, Kristen -- I'm learning so much from Dora the Explorer),
I just thought I would fill you all in on our day so far. Today, I had a "lengthy" hair appointment at noon & was a little concerned because it is our lunch time. Not only that, but nap time is immediately after lunch. I knew this appt. would take at least 1-1/2 hrs. I also had not bought a Christmas gift for my stylist, so Stella & I took off for the VCC vicinity to pick up a gift. We used the new umbrella stroller for the first time today. Everything was fine until "Neh Neh" had an armful of goodies from Bed, Bath & Beyond (didn't have a basket because I was pushing Stella in the stroller).
I looked & Stella had bent over too far & had gone head first onto the floor. She never made a peep, but I panicked & my pocketbook hit the display of mugs knocking one onto the floor. Somehow, I managed to pull Stella back up into the stroller without dropping everything in my arms. I picked up the mug, saw no breaks so I put it back on the display. We picked up a Christmas gift for Sasha while in BB&B also. It's a cute little gingerbread man for Sasha to chew on. Well, a certain little girl has taken quite a liking to it (even though it does have "Wish Bone" in big letters on the front).
After walking from BB&B back to Barnes & Noble where the car was parked, we took off for Salon Nirvana in Mechanicsville. I packed Stella a lunch of peanut butter & jelly, a Nutri-Grain bar & a few other things. She was really good during this long appt. (the food helped -- she's certainly related to me), but I couldn't really relax because I felt I had to entertain her the whole time so she wouldn't get antsy. Everyone there seems to love it when Stella comes in, but I feel so bad because we dumped cheerios all over the floor & Stella had smeared some peanut butter all over Angela's mirror.
Anyway, the appt. is over, the roots are now covered & all is well with the world....
Hope everyone's day is going well. Christmas is only 2 weeks away, and there is still so much to do, but the important thing is that we'll all be together! That's good enough for me....
Love,
Sandie/Mom
xxoo
P.S. Note to Stella's "Mama & Da-da": After today's mishap with the umbrella stroller, I may want to use your stroller with the shoulder straps until Stella is strong enough to pick herself up. She really did go right over onto the floor. I was so glad we weren't outside on concrete.....
3 comments:
Now I know where you get it ... you get it right next door ... right from your Wonderful charming mom! That e-mail is awesome ... informative and fun!
That is so funny! Sounds like her and Stella had a fun, challenging day! At least she's got a sense of humour about it all!!!
Super-easy solution - buy some of those 5lb ankle or wrist weights that you strap onto your extremeties when power-walking and then put them on your stroller. Voila! Tippy problem solved! This works above the back wheels for umbrella strollers or on the front wheels on strollers prone to tip when you've got the diaper bag loaded to the max and slung over the handlebars at the back (a common problem with over-packing and my Maclaren.) Quick and easy!
Post a Comment