Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And in a final F-YOU from the year 2007....

I missed Christmas! I totally missed Christmas.

I started throwing up around 1am on Christmas Eve and didn't get out of the bed until a few hours ago (Dec 26.)

I am still in a state of shock and depression. It was Stella's first "real" Christmas and I missed it.

I got up for a few minutes to watch her get her Kitchen from Santa and to take a few pictures...then I had to get back in the bed. Mom and Dad got her and took her to Mom's Side's Christmas and then to Dad's Side that night....

At Dad's Side, the family sings Christmas Carols and Dad and Matt play guitar and bass. This year, Nanny bought special bells for the Great-Grandchildren to ring during "Jingle Bells." Stella and I had been pracicing for a month. They took a video for me so I'll atleast get to SEE it.

I had worked so hard this Christmas. My fridge is PACKED with food for all of the events we missed. I even made spreadsheets of what dishes for which events. I really thought about gifts this year and was really excited to see reactions... and I nearly killed myself working on 3 scrapbooks for the grandmothers. Everything was decorated and wrapped early. I was really enjoying this season! On Christmas Eve, before I went to bed, I even set up the kitchen with all the right pots and pans and organized all of the ingrediants to make my breakfast casserole for Mom, Dad, Matt, Kristen, and Zana - so I wouldn't be fumbling around...it would all be ready. Well, it's STILL sitting like that.

Stella got sick last Thursday and Friday...was still puney over the weekend but was getting better. And I was SO GLAD she was well for Christmas. I didn't even think about getting it myself.

3 comments:

Chris said...

OH GIRL...SOOOOOOOO SORRY TO HEAR THAT!!!!!!! I'm so glad Stella was better so at least she could go and you could rest...but that BITES! You were really set and ready. I on the other hand have been so sick all along that I was HAPPY to see it all be over. We went light with gifts (our whole family did this year) and it just was a stress event for me. I stayed home and slept through church on Christmas morning but sent Mike and LIndsay with his parents. I am SOOOOO Sorry your Christmas sucked. I was hoping for a do-over myself in about a month. I hope your bug is short and that after today you'll be feeling great. I tell you though Stella will be WAY more into it next year and she won't remember it this year....so I hope your next Christmas is DOUBLEY blessed and so sorry you were sick. I laughed my butt off at your title for this post. :)

Leslie said...

Oh God Steph, I'm SOOOO SORRRY! How horrible! Having had it myself last year I know how horrible it is, but to have it over Christmas? Oh you poor thing!! How are you feeling today?

MBKimmy said...

Steph - I am so so sorry ((HUGGS)) I know that totally sucked! I hope that 2008 starts off MUCH better for you and that you get over htis nasty nasty bug!
Love, and hugs to you and yours !