Friday, December 21, 2007

2008 - PLEASE HURRY UP!

I have HAD IT with this year.

I got a call at work from my Aunt Nancy on Thursday at 10:30 am. She said that Mimi had a car accident and was being taken to the hospital - so I was in my car and on the road in about 2 seconds flat. She told me on the phone she was ok...so I was not worried about that so much...just anxious to get there.

To sum it all up, we think she ran a stop sign while taking a right onto Hermitage Road. There was a large truck (like a Dodge Ram) traveling on the road and she pulled out in front of him. He hit her, she FLIPPED upside down and then he ran over the back of her car and crushed it. My 81 year old, 4 foot Mimi crawled out of the window with some help from bystanders. She told the EMT's she did not want to go to the hospital - but made sure to tell them she had left a ham in the oven at home and gave the Fireman on call my aunt Sunah's cell phone to call her and tell her to go and get it out of the oven before Noon. That's my Mimi!

We spend the day in the ER. (We made her go, of course.) She started to be in a lot of pain - mostly her back. And she had some dizzy spells. So they did X-rays and a CT Scan of her head and everything was perfectly fine. The pain is from a pulled muscle. In addition to that, she got a black eye, a bump on the head, and some scratches.

AMAZING.

She kept telling everyone "That's it for me. I'm not buying a new car. I'm 81. I'm done driving." Which we are all perfectly happy about. We are all happy to "Drive Miss Mimi" wherever she wants to go. Everyone working in the ER loved her and was laughing at her funny, blunt comments - calling her a "pistol." Several people asked if they could take her home.

Here she is with Stella - who is almost as tall as she is!


So, after a long, grueling, emotionally-draining day.... Stella and I layed down in my bed around 7:30 to wind down. She actually went to sleep early.... but I was woken up by her PUKING at 1:00 am. This is my first Stella-Puke experience and let me tell you - NOT PRETTY. She continued to throw up every half hour until 6:00 am. So I had to stay home from work again (and I had left so many things undone when I left for Mimi yesterday....Ugh.)

She has had two more tidal waves of puke today. And I mean TIDAL. WAVES. I have taken 3 showers today. She's had 2 baths. I've done 3 loads of laundry and had to break out the upholstery cleaner once.

Dear God, hear my prayer. Let this be the 24-Hour deal and not the big bad Flu. I only have 356472948716434630497 things on my To-Do list for Christmas. Waaaaahhhh!

2 comments:

MBKimmy said...

So sorry little Stella is sick I hope it gets better really really sooN!

Chris said...

I'm so glad your Mimi is ok and I hope Stella is feeling better. Last Wed all the kids in Lindsay's class at daycare were out with a puke bug. We kept her home too b/c the ones that were left in class had been throwing up and were going home. So Mike turned around and brought her home. I'm hoping we avoided it since so far we've not had any puking! I feel for you girl. Hope you get it all done!!