Friday, August 24, 2007

Birthday Recap

Here's baby Benjamin Wayne. His little pudgy, swollen, just-born face makes me want another one! (For about 1.5 seconds...and then I snapped out of it.)


Here is my Dad (Wayne) holding Ben. Nancy gave him the middle name Wayne for all of the nice Waynes in her life (My Dad, Cissy's husband, Ronnie's best friend....)




My birthday yesterday was such a great day. Thank you to EVERYONE for your calls, e-mails, posts, cards, presents, flower deliveries, and more... I was spoiled.

Dinner last night was great. We went to Super King Buffet which was AWESOME. (The name has always scared me and I would never eat somewhere called that...but I read a review in a magazine that was raving...and upon further investigation learned that it was a really nice, classy, authentic place - and it was!!) There were 2 HUGE buffets with any kind of chinese dish - all fresh and yummy-looking. I WISH I had my camera with me to take a picture of the "Octopus and Vegetable" dish that had about 50 mini-octopus (fully in-tact) just chilling in a dish with some veggies. Yikes. I stuck to my usual.

They also had a huge sushi bar with fresh sushi being rolled right there... as well as a Mongolian BBQ that we didn't even touch because the rest of the buffet was so overwhelming... GREAT place.

One of Stella's new MADE IN THE USA bibs - how ironic is that?? (I am going to return all her China-made ones that have lead. GEEZ.)


Family portrait:

And Stella enjoyed the jello. She enjoyed PLAYING with the jello. Mama did not enjoy this part - but she let go of all control and just practiced deep-breathing exercises.
After dinner, we watched the coy fish in the pond in the lobby of the restaurant. (I think there were atleast 100 fish in there...they were swimming all over each other. Stella loved them and cried when we had to leave.

It was a wonderful birthday. Thanks so much!!


And here is a totally unrelated picture but I love it. Matt and Kristen last week on their move-in day.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad you had a good birthday, I thought of you several times but wasn't in the office or even near a computer all day. And I LOVE the haircut! You look fabulous!!!

Chris said...

It looks like you had a great bday. Cute new bib. I'm SO pissed about that still.

MBKimmy said...

Love the pictures ... where did Matt and Kristen move into?