On Grey's Anatomy they run tests immediately to find out what the issue is. I know it's TV, but I would HOPE that part would be true! I guess not....
So, we get a call from Toby's Aunt Donna (Uncle Greg's Wife) at midnight last night that they have rushed him to CCU (Critial Care Unit.) I told her we would sit tight and wait for another call. Then Toby's sister (Kim) starts calling. Angie (Greg and Donna's daughter) is up there and has called Kim and has upset her to pieces - she told her that they found him in his room unresponsive. Donna didn't want to worry us and tell us THAT part since it was midnight and all... She's such a wonderful woman. But now Kim is all to pieces... I know she got zero sleep last night. Toby just snoozed through it all - and really there was nothing any of us could do from our houses...so he had the right idea. I think I got about 5 choppy hours. Hello, Mr. Coffee!
Greg just called this morning at 5:45 am to tell us that they have determined that it was a heart attack. Apparently he was out in the hall flirting and joking with the nurses (typical Papaw) and then a few minutes (???) later a nurse went in to give him meds and he was flatlined. No clue how long he was out...so he is now in CCU, on a ventalator, in a coma. They do not know the extent of brain damage (if there is any...but he was "out" for awhile....) But, if we can believe TV, Meredith Grey was out for like 2 days and she hopped up off the table with no need for any recovery time. If only this was Seattle Grace.
I'm worried. For Toby. For Mamaw. For this family. They are already dysfunctional as hell. Papaw is the glue. And come to think of it, he is the ONE AND ONLY person who I have never had an "issue" with (and this includes all aunts, uncles, cousins, etc...) He has never once gotten on my nerves or made me feel guilty in any way. He has never uttered the words "We never see Stella" he just loves her when she's there. And boy does he love her! He was retired from his job at the Post Office a million years ago; but still works nearly full time bagging groceries at Food Lion and LOVES it. He's a people person. And really a joy to be around - He is like a diamond in the rough in that family as far as I am concerned. Everyone is so damn negative - except Papaw.
And he is Toby's hero. This is going to be hard...................
2 comments:
Prayers for ya'll and Toby's Grandpa.
Mary Ann
(dwlz)
You are all in my prayers ... please tell Toby I am thinking of you all!
Post a Comment