We're a "Tech Family." My Dad went there and I had friends that went there so I did some partying in West AJ a time or two (Don't tell my Mom.) My Dad's boss donates a gazillion dollars to the school and the football field is named after him. We're connected in a few ways. So, I can't stop reading and watching about the VA Tech tragedy. It's just atrocious. Actually, it's worse than that.
There are no words. I keep putting myself in those students' shoes...or try to anyway...I imagine myself that naive yet invincible freshman again...sitting in class daydreaming about whatever "drama" was going on with my friends...and then having some crazy idiot come into my class and kill nearly everyone but me. Did you see the interview with the girl who was in the German class - she was pretty with a shaved head and cool glasses - she was so eloquent but the words coming out of her mouth were so ugly "...he was dressed like a boy scout with a vest full of ammo. Everyone was on the floor bleeding and dying. I just laid there like I was dead."
It's just sick.
And Stella is not allowed to go to away to college. She will take classes online from University of Phoenix. From her bedroom. Which will be locked from the outside.
Kidding, of course. Sort of.
:(
3 comments:
So very sad ... I am having a hard time looking for a day care and now it is even worse, everything scares me!
You know I went to UVa so I'm anything but a Hokie, but I have a lot of family that went there and still live and work and teach there, so its a friendly rivalry thing. This week has been beyond all comprehension. It truly has.
I thought of you when I heard this story. I don't know anyone else that lives in Virginia. I was praying that no one you knew was involved in that. I agree with you about Stella going to University in her bedroom. I think that sounds like a plan for Lindsay as well... HA! Take Care!
Post a Comment