The Tech Tragedy is all over the place and I really can't tear myself away from it - but I do get so pissed off at some points that I have to force myself to just cut the TV off. I want to hear about the victims - not about how all of these people (who have no connection to Tech or Law Enforcement, for that matter) are arguing that the Police and the University did not act fast enough and "what happened in those 2 hours?" WHO GIVES A SHIT? The police acted on the info they had at the time which is all anyone can ever do. What is the point in rehashing all of this? It happened. It's done. There is nothing ANY of us can do to EVER prevent a madman from going on any type of rampage - if he is determined to do it, he's going to do it. Bottom line. For the love of God, SHUT YOUR PRETTY, NEWSPEOPLE FACES!
BUT, if they don't rehash it, I guess there would be no news, no talk shows, and no controversies....
Stella did wear her Tech onesie on Tuesday in honor of the victims. Yes, I am cheeseball.

And people wonder why I can't wait until Friday to buy the latest editions of Life & Style, In Touch, and Us Weekly. Because it does not make me want to yell at the TV. It's MINDLESS. I told Toby this morning, "I never thought I would say this but hearing about Anna Nicole Smith is actually refreshing."
We live in a crazy world, people.
But as far as the Creekmore house is concerned, all is well. And I thank God for it!
Stella is a joy - more and more every single day. She's so smart and has many tricks - waving, pattycake, and now she leans in when you say "can you give me a kiss?" so you can kiss HER. She should be used to kisses - she gets 873,648,059,247,583 from me alone daily. She loves Elmo and whenever he comes on, she kicks her legs and flails her arms all around. She has loved the tune "Jingle Bells" since she was a little thing, and at the end of Elmo's World, he sings about whatever topic of the day to the tune of "Jingle Bells." (The other day is the "Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, Dino - sauuuuuers. Dino Dino Dino Dino Dino Dino Saurs!") The girl is in heaven. She also loves the Backyardigans - does that show want to make anyone else cry? It's cute overload!! And Wonder Pets is another favorite of mine...er, I mean hers. Her favorite toys are the Fish Bowl and Gumball Machine that cousin Emaline loaned her. She'll play with those for extended amounts of time which allows me to do stuff like load and unload the dishwasher and fold laundry. Oh yeah, and take showers.
Our most stressful "milestone" lately is Solid Food. I think I am going to need therapy after this is said and done. She eats Gerber Jarred foods. I don't have time to make her baby food - and frankly I don't want to. I hardly know how to make adult food. I don't think Stella will have to attend therapy sessions in her teen years because I fed her jarred baby food. But anyway, that's the extent of her food. Which is fine at this point...for ME. Her DADDY likes to feed her food off of his plate, which gives me mini-coronaries and results in big fights. Not so fun.
She has two teeth. On the BOTTOM. Not exactly the best scenerio for CHEWING.
The worst was at Easter Breakfast when he fed her sausage (yes, sausage) and I MADE myself sit there and not bitch. Well then I hear this gutteral gag from Stella and she is gagging, gagging, and then spews everywhere. I was so mad. But I didn't have to say anything because Toby's sister let him have it. Thanks Kim.
We went to Cheesecake Bistro recently and they bring plates of fruit to all the kids - which I don't think is right to do unless you ask the parents but I digress.... They set down this plate that had fruit arranged in a big smiley face. Cute. But then Toby starts feeding her too big pieces of STRAWBERRIES. How can you "gum" strawberries when you don't really know how to eat yet anyways... well she gag and chokes and I yell and have a heart attack and we get in a fight. That was a nice dinner.
So, a girl at work who had a baby the same time I had Stella suggested these mesh feeders and SHE DESERVES AN AWARD. I got a couple at Target yesterday and Stella LOVES them! And so do I. I cut up an apple and put it in there and she gums the mesh part - so she gets the apple juice and some of the "meat" and it also feels good on her teething gums. I can put berries, melon, fresh veggies, whatever in those things! And I don't have to have a heart attack. Yet.


Toby is doing well and I am so very proud of his strength in losing his Papaw. Tomorrow is Mamaw's birthday and we are meeting some of the family for dinner - that will be another test for him. It's just strange for Papaw not to be there. When we are here at our house, we are a bit removed so it's easy to just kind of push it into the back of your head. But when you are at Mamaw and Papaw's house and he's not there.... it's just hard.
I hear Miss Thing now. That nap lasted about 4 paragraphs.
Here are some quick pics from the past couple weeks:




4 comments:
YAY more pics. She's SO cute! I wish she and LIndsay could have a playdate they are doing all the same things! When Linds wasn't feeling good one night with fever and teething we used the mesh thing with ice cubes and it really helped her. I like them too. She'll get to the point with the solid food that she won't gag anymore. We started with Cheerios and moved onto Gerber puffs and now she loves the teether biscuits. I give her grapes (cut into a million pieces). I hear you about the solid food. It's been WAY stressful for me too. We're getting there though. On the nights we're eating something healthy and balanced we try to give her more of our food and save the baby food for Mexican or pizza nights. I totally feel you girl. Thanks for the comment on my blog today. You're right...if that had been my couch I would have TOTALLY died!
OMG, the bath in the sink and the one with Matt just KILL ME! Too cute!
She is too adorable! I love the pictures. Do I see a little attitude in the pink overalls? She's sweet. -amy
OMG...what a rockstar face with her uncle...priceless!!
Post a Comment